Sr Human Resources Business Partner - Tokyo
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Are valued and empowered, collaborative and team oriented, innovative in their approach and passionate about their work. They are reliable, trustworthy and open with a high level of integrity. They value diversity, are inclusive and are committed to a global mindset.
Located in Japan.
This position works closely with leadership in F5's Japan's business to develop and deliver HR programs that support business objectives and improve employee performance and retention. You will be an advocate for the business, and will continually look at ways to improve its people resources. You will be the HR point person for the Regional VP of Japan. You will also ensure employee and management adherence to company policies and practices and ongoing compliance with applicable employment laws.
This position offers an opportunity to carry out strategic HR practices in a fast-growing global technology company with a presence in over 40 countries. You'll work with an international team of talented and collaborative HR professionals who partner with business leaders to define people management strategies and deliver programs that contribute to business success.
- Business support
- Work in partnership with senior management to recommend, develop and implement programs that address key people resource issues, including employee and manager development, employee engagement, performance management, organizational design and effectiveness, workforce planning, succession planning and change management.
- Act as primary HR point person for the business, interacting closely with HR professionals across the globe.
- Successfully establish and maintain professional relationships and work effectively with employees and all levels of management.
- Ensure appropriate application of company policies and procedures.
- Engage in continual HR process improvement.
- Partner with HR specialists to deliver appropriate programs and initiatives as needed in compensation leveling plans and guidelines, recruiting, learning & development etc.
- Prepare and deliver presentations to senior management.
- Deliver training to managers and employees as appropriate.
- Maintain current and complete understanding of, and ensure organizational compliance with, federal, state and local employment laws.
- Manage talent to ensure the best talent for the business
- Employee relations
- Address employee relations issues of varying complexity, seeking legal advice as needed to closure.
- Ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
- Attend to legal issues on employment matters as needed.
- Track and report on issues; identify and report trends.
- Coach Managers on ways to resolve and mitigate issues.
- Develop job descriptions.
- Help select the best talent for the business.
- Ensure compliance with recruiting policies and practices.
- Other responsibilities
- Carry out day-to-day HR operational support for the business where HR Operations is not able to.
- Responsible for upholding F5's Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Chooses Speed
- Behaves like an Owner
- Obsesses over Customer Needs
- Stands for Diversity and Inclusivness
- Helps his/her fellow colleagues to thrive
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and effectively coach employees and leaders to use company best practices for maximum effectiveness.
- Ability to understand business strategies and recommend HR programs that align with the business.
- Strong business writing and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to travel as appropriate.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point.
- Demonstrated ability to use a variety of communication media to disseminate HR initiatives/policies.
- Ability to effectively handle complex employee issues to closure.
- Experience working as an individual contributor as well as an active participant in team projects.
- Ability to read and write fluent English.
- 10+ years' experience in progressively responsible HR generalist and business partner roles, preferably in a large, high-tech global environment.
- Global HR experience.
- Strong and current knowledge of employment laws.
- Bachelor Degree in Human Resources or related field.
- Master's degree in related field (Business, HR, Industrial Relations) preferred.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Back to top