Sr Full Stack Developer
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
This position is responsible for working on a variety of technical problems of moderate complexity. Designs, codes, tests and delivers new/modified functionality under moderate supervision. Will collaborate with customers and peers, often under the direction of technical leads on assigned projects.
Support And Maintain Existing Code In Web Applications
- Triage incoming production support requests.
- Communicate with internal customers to resolve issues.
- Upgrade applications to on up-to-date versions of software.
- Identify and reduce technical debt in existing applications.
- Write unit tests to avoid defect recurrence.
- Provide and implement ideas for improving quality of existing code and streamlining future maintenance.
Design, Code, Test And Enhance Existing, Or Deliver New, Features And Applications
- Size or estimate planned work such as enhancements or defects
- Develop code in accordance with stated standards and quality measures.
- Write unit tests and participate in functional, integration, and regression testing when needed.
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Maintain and create new application documentation
- Partner with ITC Engineers to ensure successful deployment of solutions
- Be a partner in improving all aspects of our team and organization as a whole.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Experience designing and building distributed systems using modern technology stacks
- Ability to quickly pick up new technologies/paradigms and to implement solutions across the full stack
- Experience designing and developing responsive web applications
- Demonstrated analytical / troubleshooting skills, and solid written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with Git, test-driven development (TDD), and continuous integration / deployment
- Familiarity with virtualization technologies (eg. QEMU/KVM, LXC, docker) and cloud provider technologies (eg. AWS EC2 / VPC)
- Familiarity with OSI layers and common network protocols a plus
- Familiarity with schemaless/NoSQL document-based database engines a plus
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- 4-7 years of experience designing, developing, testing, and debugging software
- 5+ years developing in a team using version control and annotation-based code documentation
- Comfortable in Linux/UNIX environments and familiar with open-source development methodologies/tools
Physical Demands And Work Environment
- Duties are performed in a normal office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table. Duties require the ability to utilize a computer, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material.
- Duties may require working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends).
- Duties may require the ability to travel via airplane, approximately 10% of the time spent traveling.
- Job requires the ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
F5 Networks Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Meet Some of F5 Networks's Employees
Sr. Software Engineer
Working within the Quality Assurance Department, Maxim is responsible for creating test automation tools, with the primary goal of ensuring the product fulfills its function without issue.
Back to top