Sr Director Product Management - Service Provider Security
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
F5 Networks Security Business owns some of the fastest growing of the company's products. As a key driver of F5's future growth, the security business is a key area of strategic interest for F5. You will join the new leadership of the security business unit in driving that growth and expanding our footprint in the security market.
Can you drive the strategic direction for a portfolio of our security products? Will you ensure the product strategy and roadmap is executed? Do you act like a general manager for your product line, or aspire to be one? Then you could be our next Senior Director of Product Management.
A few more details:
SDPMs are expected to be skilled at leading a matrix organization and creating a collaborative team that executes product strategy. A SDPM ensures that engineering teams are delivering the right products and features to plan. He or she manages the profit and loss of products in the portfolio. Working with product teams he or she helps other product professional to drive engineering execution while ensuring products are differentiated, profitable, and industry leading.
SDPMs must have a deep knowledge of market dynamics, the competition, experience engaging customers, and driving engineering execution. As the owner for a product portfolio, the SDPM must have proven leadership, negotiation, presentations skills, and be a strong partner for engineering.
- Deliver the right security products to F5's service provider market on time and on target.
- Lead teams to successfully execute product line/program strategy, establish measurable goals and objectives that meet strategic goals
- Set strategic vision and translate it into an actionable plan
- Execute on the product roadmap by guiding multiple engineering teams closely through the lifecycle.
- Work with Product and Solutions Marketing to develop product and go-to-market solutions across customer verticals, including enterprise, managed/cloud service providers, and carrier service providers
- Create, drive, and communicate product line strategy, roadmaps, and market positioning for F5's solutions
- Serve as a credible, engaging global F5 spokesperson to effectively influence key constituents such as customers, partners, press, and analysts to establish F5 as a leader in the marketplace
- Lead ongoing analysis of product/program success against defined internal metrics and against other industry competitors; responsible for measuring and reporting ongoing end-user satisfaction with product offerings
- Lead, mentor, and develop directs reports and teams to advance skills sets and assist them to achieve their career goals
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong understanding of all aspects of Information Security and Application Security
- Strong understanding of understanding of Service provider customers and their security needs
- Experience defining and launching new products
- Familiarity with Agile and DevOps methodologies
- Strong knowledge of market dynamics and customer segments
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills with the ability to articulate complex technology simply
- Strong customer orientation with the ability to listen, communicate, organize, and champion key initiatives and projects for product development
- Ability to drive successful partnership across an ecosystem of providers
- Excellent leadership, negotiation, and persuasion skills
- Ability to brief and communicate effectively with executive leadership
- Ability to lead through effective management and motivation of direct reports and extended team
- Duties may require the ability to travel via automobile or airplane, approximately 15-25% of the time spent traveling.
BA/BS degree required, MBA a plus
12 plus years' experience in product management and portfolio management role
12 plus years analyzing products, customers and market dynamics
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Back to top