Sr. DevOps Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Join a growing development team supporting multiple tenets on the Adobe platform. You'll focus your efforts on build and release standards and best practices. We'll want you to establish the best possible practices in support of our digital marketing website.
What you'll do here
- Act as custodian of DevOps strategies and practices for Adobe Experience Manager
- You will own the technical design, vision and implementation strategy for DevOps tooling
- Build and own critical parts of the developer services stack and help developers to continuously and predictably deliver high quality software to our customers
- You will articulate areas for improvement in tool choice, software design and patterns for building highly resilient software in a continuous delivery world
- Review and provide feedback/improvements on technology, architecture, designs, release and test strategies
- Work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with distributed teams and inter-dependent services
- Lead projects, mitigate risks & creatively solve problems as they are encountered
- Build and evolve engineering processes to optimize developer and team efficiency
- Partner with other teams across F5 for achieving these common goals
What you'll need to succeed
- 8 years of experience as a technical specialist or equivalent industry experience
- Experience performing in a DevOps environment
- Extensive experience building and delivering large-scale distributed systems
- Up to date on current and ground breaking practices and emerging concepts Continuous Implementation/ Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) landscape
- Experience with configuration management tools like Ansible, Puppet and Chef is desired
- Holding a B.S. in Computer Science is helpful
If you had this, that would be phenomenal!
- Experience with Infrastructure automation
- Familiarity with monitoring and alerting principles and tools such as New Relic, Splunk, AppDynamics, Dynatrace, etc.
- Deep understanding of DevOps concepts like SLAs, SLOs, SLIs, error budgets, MTTR, MTTD, etc.
- Experience with all aspects of Azure DevOps is helpful
- Experience leading Community of Practices
- Experience with Adobe Cloud Manager helpful but not required
- Committed to customer service and developer enablement.
- Effectively communicate with product managers, developers and site reliability engineers.
- Good communication skills - written and verbal
- Strong management and leadership skills
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Back to top