Sr. Customer Success Manager
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Come work at a place where innovation and partnership come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Do you want a job you love? To have a career that provides you with the opportunity to play an integral part of our long-term success as a company; a job that affords you the flexibility to take risks in defining and building the next great thing in Customer Success (CS); an opportunity that allows you to use your talent to be innovative and creative and collaborative?
Attractions of the Job
The Customer Success (CS) team is chartered with supporting the success of our customers through product adoption, usage and customer satisfaction. The Sr. Customer Success Manager (Sr. CSM) will act as a trusted advisor, beginning from the point of sale and extending through onboarding, project success, and renewals. On our team you are working closely with internal groups, and will provide input into a customer's strategic plans, helping them to identify areas where they could improve their use of F5 or uncovering new uses for F5 amongst their portfolio. You will need to be focused on your goal but flexible in your approach.
We trust you to act as an enabler to care for and ensure the customer remains successful and engaged with the solution so they understand the full value of their investment with us. Some activities could include on-boarding, support, services, adoption, advocacy, retention, etc. and outcomes such as renewals, up-sell and churn reduction.
The Challenge You Get to Accomplish
You will provide leadership on our products and fostering strong relationships with assigned customers, Senior CSMs provide additional leadership, coaching and training for our team. While a certain level of knowledge transfer and mentoring is expected from CSMs, as a Sr CSM, you will model exemplary responsibility for a level of mentorship with other team members and our employees that is clearly above & beyond without question or objection. They are counted on to bring new team members up to speed to mentor CSMs on operational items, and to provide leadership and direction for the group by example.
We ask that you be a leader and role model within our teams who coordinates and coaches resources a world-class customer experience. As part of the role you will continuously improve on your network and internal relationships, working closely internally and externally to enable further adoption of F5 products within your customers.
What Will You Do?
Mentoring and Coaching:
- Contributes to the successfulness of our team through mentoring and training activities.
- Reviews activities with newer CSMs with a focus on training them in best practices and how to lead business outcomes.
- Mentoring team members in newer F5 technologies
- Assisting other Customer Success team members to perform day to day responsibilities as efficiently as possible
- Takes on responsibility for creating & disseminating knowledge transfers that benefit the Customer Success team.
Customer Loyalty & Value Generation:
- Ensure that high value customers derive value from their investment in F5, utilize all of their licenses, identify new opportunities, and collaborate with other F5 stakeholder teams to ensure adoption and a successful renewal.
- Increase renewal rates and reduce churn with your deep knowledge and experience.
- Influence future lifetime value through higher product adoption, customer satisfaction and overall health scores.
- Drive new business growth through greater advocacy and reference-ability.
- Promote and educate customers on the resources and wider customer communities available to the customer. These are the forums which will encourage engagement, drive future projects forward and optimal utilization.
- Advise as a 'coach' in working effectively with the customers support service to ensure it is being effective for enhancement requests and escalations.
- Guide your customer through significant service milestones such as upgrades, new releases and new features.
Leadership & Collaboration:
- Where applicable partner with the account team and other internal teams to develop successful account strategies and plans that direct company resources to encourage renewal and return of investment cross pillar.
- Engage and understand the customers cloud strategy and the guide them by providing resources that can assist their strategic business direction.
- Manage internal relationships to promote customer success activities such as on-boarding, training, professional services, customer support, renewals, cross-sell/up-sell, advocacy.
- Diligently and consistently update the internal Customer Relationship Management system with the customer's business objectives and any metrics that define success to the customer eg. return on investment.
- Develop and maintain a continuous close relationship with the relevant Application Sales Representative(s) throughout the customer lifecycle.
Industry Knowledge & Business Insight:
- Aid our team in mapping customer journey.
- Deliver regular business reviews and success plans to senior leaders and key business partners.
- Monitor customer usage data, health indicators, renewal dates and growth opportunities and translate into strategies for success.
- Develop an understanding of typical challenges faced by customers and appropriately map F5 features and associated business benefits to address their needs.
Demonstrate Strategic Thinking, Innovation & Ability to Deliver Results:
- Analyze data to develop a plan for each customer to ensure outcomes are measurable.
- Use customer surveys for product and service feedback to help product management define the product roadmap and create continuous performance improvements across all teams.
- Be a Customer Success evangelist for F5 aiding in growing the tools and systems required to be successful
- Participate in the development of tools & resources used by the CSM, as well as the engagement points and methods both internal and external to F5.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
What You Bring to The Team
- We would like demonstrated experience in a customer facing role involving cloud based/SaaS technology with collaboration of senior partners and stakeholders.
- Advanced ability to quickly grasp and distinctly explain technological and business concepts
- Deep understanding and experience in developing and cultivating lasting customer relationships with limited resources.
- We expect that you have a strong empathy for customers and passion for revenue and growth.
- We're seeking an excellent communicator with distinguished written and verbal skills to communicate a complex message in a simplistic way.
- You are collaborative, persistent, self-directed with impressive interpersonal skills.
- Confident and engaging presentation skills, personable, positive, approachable & tenacious.
- Contribute knowledge of commercial acumen.
- We believe this person will be resilient, handling pressured situations effectively.
- You appreciate a robust desire to learn and develop personally.
- Solid time management work ethic and a focus on delivery.
- Mirroring & ability to engage and be engaging at all levels.
- Fluency in English is required
What's Required of Me?
- You bring 12+ years' of customer success related experience with you and have your Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Or you have 8+ years of customer success related experience and a Master's degree in a related field;
- Or 5+ years' of customer success related experience and your PhD in a related field.
- Degree(s) in Computing or Business & Information Technology or related field are preferred.
- Sometimes, we might need you to work outside of your normal work hours (evenings and weekends).
- Able to travel at short notice 50% of the time. Travel to and from Seattle will be regular (up to 30%) in the first 18 months of this role. Following the first 18 months, there will be occasional travel as needed.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Back to top