Sr. Business Analyst
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
The Senior Business Analyst position works directly within the IT department to support new product initiatives from Product Management and Product Development. In this role you will work across the enterprise to bring new products and product offerings to market focusing on the organizational business and system processes. You should have a high degree of business acumen, professional maturity and poise.
You will help drive achievement of the strategic initiatives in a fast-paced environment. This role requires the ability to understand the big picture objectives and understand the end-to-end business and system processes. The Sr. Business Analyst will also be integral to enterprise IT projects identifying requirements and user acceptance testing (UAT) needs in order to successfully deliver the required functionality, business and system process.
Own and manage the relationship with the business
- Expert knowledge of business processes, industry standards and best practices
- Facilitates and coordinates global communication of IT Strategy to the business and Business Strategy to IT
- Provide innovative ways for the business to identify and execute on opportunities to positively impact global business results
- Responsible for growing the business analysis discipline throughout the organization
Partners with business and technology partners
- Manage requests with the business, meet or exceed IT Service Level Agreements (SLA)
- Develops solutions to highly complex problems
- Partners with business and technology partners to elicit, analyze, translate, and document business requirements
Partners with business partners to conduct user acceptance testing
- Facilitates and coordinates UAT with Business
Assist in driving internal team process change
- Identifies areas for improvement of processes
- Provides guidance in development of new process documentation
- Facilitate training for new processes
- Adherence to process changes
- Responsible for upholding F5's Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Able to understand business functionality and translate it into application requirements
- Ability to create compelling business cases with accurate cost and effort estimations
- Excellent understanding of business complexity and project interdependencies
- Intellectual curiosity and the ability to question thought partners across functional areas
- Expert written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to quickly troubleshoot problems that may arise in work products
- Ability to partner with system analysts, developers, and quality analysts to identify course of resolutions
- In depth understanding of the various software development lifecycles (e.g. Agile, Waterfall, etc.)
- Excellent meeting facilitation skills, must be able to drive groups to decisions
- Proven ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Proven ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively, within a team
- Proficient work experience in business analysis and process modeling
- Expert knowledge of the end-to-end business processes in the functional areas assigned
- Expert ability to prioritize and drive sound business decisions
- Advanced knowledge of business analysis best practices including documentation requirements for large bodies of work
- Knowledge of SalesForce, Oracle eBS, Siebel, Varicent systems or an integrated multi-system environment a plus
- BS/BA or equivalent work experience in IT related field
- 10+ years of relevant work experience
- 8+ years working experience as a business analyst or equivalent
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Meet Some of F5 Networks's Employees
Sr. Software Engineer
Working within the Quality Assurance Department, Maxim is responsible for creating test automation tools, with the primary goal of ensuring the product fulfills its function without issue.
Back to top