SQL Database Administrator,4+ years
- Hyderabad, India
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Why do you want to join our team?
F5 leads the market in building products to make every app run faster, smarter, and safer anywhere. To support our growing business, we need to expand our corporate IT organization by creating a new delivery center in Hyderabad.
When you start this role, you will have the once in a lifetime opportunity to help build our Robotic Process Automation capability in our newly established Hyderabad office. You get the adventure and independence of working at a start-up without any of the financial risk because you are supported by a growing Fortune 1000 technology company.
What will you do?
As a Automation SRE, you will help in database administation, automation and ensures that the tools are working as desired for the entire DevOps practice in the TS organization. The tools will include SQL Server, ADO (Azure DevOps), UiPath for RPA.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
SUPPORT and maintaining THE INFRASTRUCTURE
- Hands-on experience with installation, configuration, upgrades and support of SQL Server which includes high-availability and disaster recovery
- Experience supporting SQL Server in a virtualized environment in Azure
- Assist in the planning and technical development in the areas of design, maintenance, testing
- Develop processes for optimizing database security
- Participate in security audits and hardware capacity planning
- Monitoring, alerting, performance tuning of database systems
- Install, upgrade, and manage database applications
- Hands-on experience in Automation of repeated tasks
- Hands-on experience in Powershell
- Support deployments and change management within all database environments
- Part of the on-call rotations to provide 24*7 support
- Recommend and implement emerging database technologies
- Support release pipelines using Azure Devops would be a plus and nice to have
- Responsible for upholding F5's Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies.
- Provide excellent customer service to IT internal and business partner customers
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Strong willingness to learn new technologies and should work in them as and when the opportunity arises.
What do you need to be successful in this role?
- Demonstrate strong knowledge and expertise in SQL Administration
- Experience and knowledge using Azure DevOps and ability support Azure VM's.
- Demonstrate eagerness to learn new technologies.
- Fix issues and respond to incidents based on priority.
- Improve system reliability through the optimization of on-call processes.
- Experience as a systems administration in various tools
- Demonstrate excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- Demonstrate strong problem solving and organizational skills
- Ability to provide exceptional support to both internal and external customers
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast paced, changing environment
- Demonstrate excellent analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Working knowledge of Agile methodology
What will we look for on your resume?
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of systems administration experience Database Administration and cloud experience.
F5 Networks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email address (ending with @f5.com) or auto email notification from Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com or @myworkday.com).
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Back to top