SQL Database Administrator III
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
We are looking for a SQL database administrator that is passionate in ensuring F5 business has data is secure and available when needed. From automated deployments to rock solid monitoring, continual improvement and optimization are part of the job. The primary responsibilities of this position are:
- Continual improvement in database administration and solutions.
- Use standards, reference architectures, and peer review to provide business data solutions.
- Monitor and troubleshoot Microsoft SQL Server computers and associated jobs and processes.
- Resolve performance of SQL Server and database infrastructure (including storage) using various performance tools.
- Ensure problems and error conditions are promptly and appropriately addressed.
- Establish and maintain configuration and recovery documentation for designated systems.
- Assist with SQL Server installation, database migrations, upgrades and updates, and hardware implementations.
- Deploy SQL Server stored procedure changes or scripts as needed to various environments.
- Manage SQL Server permissions for various environments.
- Assist development and application teams with SQL Server problem resolution.
- Research and resolve SQL Server issues as required.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Responsible for upholding F5's Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Solid understanding of SQL Server 2008, 2012, 2014, and 2016.
- Solid level understanding of SQL Server administration and troubleshooting.
- Solid understanding of data access configuration, including SQL Server to SQL Server, and SQL Server to Oracle.
- Solid understanding of SQL Server index management.
- Solid understanding of Active Directory with respect to SQL Server security.
- Solid understanding of Windows Server 2008 and 2012.
- Solid understanding of remote server management.
- Solid understanding of SQL Server replication and high availability solutions, including SQL Server failover clustering, log shipping, and database mirroring.
- Solid understanding of Windows Server 2008 and 2012 clustering.
- Solid understanding of network tracing utilities.
- Expert understanding of SQL Server database backup methodologies.
- Familiarity with SAN technologies.
- Familiarity with VMWare vCenter, VMware vSphere Client, and virtual machines.
- Excellent written & verbal communications; fluency in English language (multilingual is a plus).
- Excellent interpersonal, planning, documentation, organization, and problem solving skills.
- Expert logical and analytical thinker.
- College degree in a computer discipline, or equivalent applicable experience
- Minimum 6 years SQL Server and Windows Server experience
- Strong PowerShell scripting experience.
- Technical certifications desirable
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Meet Some of F5 Networks's Employees
Sr. Software Engineer
Working within the Quality Assurance Department, Maxim is responsible for creating test automation tools, with the primary goal of ensuring the product fulfills its function without issue.
Back to top