Sourcing Mgr III- Procurement
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
The Category Manager will have a key role in developing and managing a global Supplier Management program. You will partner with internal stakeholders and suppliers, to understand current business requirements and challenges so that strategic value opportunities and reporting can be established for existing and new supply chains. This position will play an important role in developing scalable spend management strategies for a designated subset of commodities, ensuring execution through competitive bid and RFx processes to obtain lowest Total Cost of Ownership, and strategic management and reporting through e-commerce platforms.
Attractions of the Job:
This is a great opportunity to be a part of a new team dedicated to ensuring comprehensive category strategies are focused on meeting long term goals of F5, with priorities on maintaining highest ROI and lowest TCO. As a member of this team, you will be find innovative ways to manage our complex global supplier operations. Key focus areas include making processes more efficient and scalable, working to ensure the highest level of quality of our operations, and proactively minimizing operational spend and risk. You'll build internal and external partnerships and have opportunities to make a difference in how F5 manages our vast network of suppliers and commodities.
- Establish and manage a vendor selection, onboarding and metadata strategy by working with F5 Business Units, Global Procurement and Finance
- Responsible for negotiating, structuring, and administering contracts that establish and support business relationships with suppliers
- Manage and optimize supplier performance, including contract compliance, continuous improvement and ensuring alignment with F5's requirements and expectations
- Develop and manage RFx programs, assisting business partners with process and communication
- Oversee supplier business reviews and development plans
- Optimize sourcing procedures to attain maximum efficiency
- Ensure strategic negotiations are managed to meet roadmap requirements
- Develop category opportunity assessments and strategies based on changing market and business conditions
- Define and report on key metrics that measure value of operations and overall cost savings
- Promotes best practices found in working with one business/function/geography to other business and organizations.
- Responsible for upholding F5's Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Negotiation of commercial terms on supplier contracts
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate and present ideas effectively with internal and external parties at all levels.
- Strong team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills that is able to resolve issues diplomatically.
- Advanced competency in negotiation and planning skills with the ability to apply key procurement components.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities with minimal supervision.
- Drives measurable progress through collaboration, knowledge sharing and building strong alliances and support across business units.
- Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree; or 3 years and a Master's degree; or a PhD without experience; or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years' experience with business and financial analytics
- Strong MS Suite skills
- ERP system experience (Oracle preferred)
- Confident, discrete and professional
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Duties are performed in a normal office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table. Duties require the ability to utilize a computer, communicate over the telephone and read printed material.
- Duties may require being on call periodically and working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends).
- Duties may require the ability to travel via automobile or airplane, approximately 5% or less of the time spent traveling.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Meet Some of F5 Networks's Employees
Systems Engineering Manager
Rubyanne manages a team of systems engineers—the technical half of a Sales Account Team—empowering them with the tools they need to be successful as they provide pre-sales support throughout northern California.
Back to top