Solutions Engineer- Sales
- Mount Vernon, IL
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
About the Company:
F5 gives the world's largest businesses, service providers, governments, and consumer brands the ability to securely deliver every app, anywhere—with confidence. We do this by working collaboratively in an innovative environment, helping each other succeed. We take great pride in being trusted advisers to our customers, offering the best solutions for their interests. If our mission and culture excite you, we would love to talk to you!
About our Job Postings:
When applying for any of the roles in F5, please note, our ideal candidate is not someone who meets all the posted requirements, in fact this is just a representative of how we know the job has been done in the past. We would love to talk to you even if you don't check all the boxes here, but believe you bring your own unique capabilities that can be utilized to ensure the success of the role and the organization.
The SE Job Overview:
The Systems Engineer (SE) is a sales and technical role with focus on customer/partners and is part of the sales organization. The SE's primary responsibility is to support the sales team with technical skills and provide technical knowledge around F5 solutions to our customers. To be effective, an SE needs to have excellent technical skills and knowledge on both F5 products and the "eco-system" that we work in. Fear not, we do provide training and certification to keep abreast with these critical skills!
The high-level objective is to achieve the allocated sales target and selling relevant F5 solutions and products to our customers business needs, in partnership with the Sales Account Manager. From our customer(s) perspective, the SE is a trusted adviser who proactively learns and understands their technical and business challenges and is able to propose effective solutions to mitigate their concerns/offer gainful solutions. The F5 SE not only presents the technical features but also business benefits in the Technical Value Proposition.
Sounds interesting? Read on!
What you'll do:
- Articulate the F5 product strategy, messaging and positioning F5's value proposition and solutions for customer business objectives
- Provide technical expertise through sales presentations, solution designs, solution demonstrations, proof of concepts by various mediums - in-person/virtual presentations, white boards etc
- Determine viability of opportunity and map out organizational structure.
- Drive the sales process in partnership with the Account Manager, by identifying the Technical Decision Maker, getting their technical validation, support, and sponsorship.
- Consistently provide world-class customer service through the customer life cycle
- Work collaboratively with internal technical and sales resources, share best practices, updates, offer and seek expertise as the need arises in various opportunities.
How you'll do it:
- Experience with network infrastructure technologies, data center / cloud computing architectures, and how technology components interact at each layer of the OSI model.
- Detailed understanding of Web Protocols (HTTP(s), HTTP2) and understanding transport layer encryption technologies (TLS, SSL)
- Experience in one or more public and private cloud environments.
- Familiarity with decomposing monolithic software applications into microservice-based architectures, and familiarity with one or more container orchestration solutions (e.g. OpenShift Container Platform, Kubernetes)
- Familiarity with automation and orchestration concepts (RESTFul API's, Declarative/Imperative programming concepts) and experience with one of Ansible, Terraform, or equivalent application and infrastructure automation toolsets.
- Ability to identify application vulnerabilities and threats and experience implementing controls to mitigate.
- Experience with one of more of the following: L4/L7 Denial of Service threats, application security trends, application layer authentication and authorization technologies, automated threat detection and mitigation, and API Security concepts.
What you'll bring:
- 8 + years of related industry experience
- Familiarity/experience with F5 or similar industry solution deployment a plus
- Relevant certifications a plus
What you'll get:
- This role is primarily based out of Chicago, IL with primary office being a remote work-from-home arrangement.
- While we encourage remote/virtual meetings, the nature of the role could require regional travel up to 25% of the time, and working across time zones
- This is a self-driven role, so career growth and development is available at every stage of your career.
- Competitive pay, family friendly benefits, and cool perks
- Tuition assistance for professional development
- Culture of giving back, strong diversity and inclusion interest groups
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Back to top