Solutions Engineer, Federal (Intel)
- Gambrills, MD
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
About the Company:
F5 gives the world's largest businesses, service providers, governments, and consumer brands the freedom to securely deliver every app, anywhere-with confidence. We do this by working collaboratively in an innovative environment, helping each other succeed. We take great pride in being trusted advisers to our customers, offering the best solutions for their interests. If our mission and culture excite you, we would love to talk to you!
SE Job Overview:
SE (Solutions Engineer) is a sales and technical role with focus on customer/partners and is part of the sales organization. Your primary responsibility is to support our sales team and provide technical knowledge around F5 solutions. To be effective, you will have excellent technical skills and knowledge on both F5 products and the "eco-system" that we work in. You are responsible for the technical closure of the opportunity.
From our customer(s) perspective, you are a trusted adviser who proactively learns and understands our customer's technical and business challenges and are able to propose effective solutions to mitigate their concerns/offer gainful solutions. You not only present the technical features but also business benefits in the Technical Value Proposition.
What you'll do?
- Articulate the F5 product strategy, messaging and positioning F5's value proposition and solutions for customer business objectives
- Determine viability of opportunity and map out political structure.
- Provide technical expertise through sales presentations, solution designs, solution demonstrations, proof of concepts by various mediums - in-person/virtual presentations, white boards etc
- Drive the sales process in partnership with the Account Manager, by identifying the Technical Decision Maker, getting their technical validation, support, and sponsorship.
- Consistently provide world-class customer service through the customer life cycle from pre- sales, technical, through post-sales activities
- Work collaboratively with internal technical and sales resources, share best practices, updates, offer and seek expertise as required in various opportunities.
- Travel to customer sites throughout the week (Maryland, D.C. Metro area)
You are the ideal candidate if you are comfortable with the key job functions and have the following:
Who You Are
- In-depth understanding of Data centers, virtualization and cloud computing
- Cloud Solution designs (eg. LB and WAF on cloud etc.)
- Advanced knowledge of Azure/AWS/Alicloud environment
- Advanced knowledge of NSX/ACI/Openstack/VMware
- Ability to deploy solutions in the containers environment -eg. Openshift, Kubernetes or Mesos
- 8 + years of related industry experience
- 4+ years of experience in a similar customer facing technical role
- TS/SCI with Full Scope Polygraph clearance
- Familiarity/experience with F5 or similar industry solution deployment a plus
- Relevant certifications a plus
PLEASE NOTE: The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It's not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email address (ending with @f5.com) or auto email notification from Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com or @myworkday.com).
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Back to top