Solution Architect - Sales - Cloud
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Solution Architect - Sales
As a Solutions Architect (SA) with F5 you will havethe opportunity to help shapeand deliver a strategy to buildmindshareand broad use of F5's cloud solution portfolio. As an SA at F5 you willbe an experiencedtechnologists with technical breadth and depth coupled with strong interpersonal skillsand, you will work directly with some of our largest customers to enable innovation across different Cloud technology stacks and demonstrate standard methodologies around F5's advanced cloud solutions.
You will partner with Sales, Professional Services, and several other F5 teams to crafthighly scalable, flexible and resilientcloud architectures that address customer business problems and accelerate the adoption of our products and services. Our Solutions Architects buildarchitectures and provide prescriptive guidanceacross the full suite of F5 solutions, including but not limited to availability services, advanced security services, authentication, and other federated services, integration of F5 services into existing deployment and development pipelines, and working with a range ofindustry standard automation tools.
This is a greatopportunity for those seeking a technical leadership role, and to work with a wide range of teams and specialists within F5 including Product Management, Product Development, Sales, Marketing etc.
• You possess deep technical skill in software architecture and cloud computing as well as customer facing skills at all levels of an organization.
• You have the ability tothink strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
• You have existing knowledge about AWS, Azure, and GCP, including the main differences and benefits of each platform.
• You have a working knowledge ofVMWare stack, Microsoft Windows OS, and/or Linux kernels.
• You may AWS Certifications or other relevant to the above technologies certifications.
• You will havehands-on experience with industrial automation tools, like Ansible, Jenkins,
• You will haveexperience witPaaSsolutions such as Kubernetes or Cloud Foundry.
• You are a strong public speaker and have presented to large audiences and can deliver high level "talks" on complex technical topics.
• You will haveexcellent written and other communications skills.
• Work with the Sales leadership team to analyze business and market trends and help define strategies.
• Apply business skills and consulting methodologies to gatherand analyze data, lead design, and develop and implement solutions while meeting customer expectations
• Assume lead role in working with strategic accounts (customers)
• Communicate directly with customers to diagnose and resolve issues
• Develop and communicate the F5 value proposition to customers and partners
• Serve as atechnical expertand evangelist for F5 Cloud product suites
• Serve as abridge betweencustomer and F5 product development and marketing
• Collect feedback from field teams and coalesce feature requirements for product management and product development
• Support account team with customer meeting preparation and delivery
• Maintain knowledge of competitive landscape, including appropriate documentation
• Maintain knowledge and skills by attending appropriate training and conferences and pursuing self-study.
• Speak at conferences and F5 events such as industry events, workshops, road shows, partner and customer events from all industry sectors
• Supply to press articles, interviews and promoting views on transformation of business through usage of technology
• Responsible for upholding F5's Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies.
• Perform other related duties as assigned
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirementsof the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirementsare subject to change.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Possesses expertknowledge of the F5 product suite, with specific focus on integration with Cloud Platforms.
• Develops positive relationshipswith our cloud partners, AWS, Azure, GCP, Oracle etc.
• Excellent working knowledge ofPython, TCL,and other relevant scripting and programming languages.
• Expertise in web applications and how they are deployed and the challenges within.
• Expertknowledge or certification in at least one or more cloud platform, AWS, Azure or GCP.
• Experience delivering critical applications across a range ofinfrastructure platforms.
• Experience with automation and orchestration practices, knowledge of agile development methodologies, and a deep understandingof DevOps and what it means to application delivery (CI/CD).
• 12+ years relevant experience
• BS/BA or equivalent work experience
• Fluent in spoken and written English.
• F5 product experience and/or relevant experience in key competitor offerings
• Background in cloud deployment, migrations and operations.
• Application development experience is desirable
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
• Job may be performed on-site at a customer facility or data center, or in an office environment sitting at a desk or computer table.
• Duties require the ability totravel up to 80% via automobile and airplane, and may require being on call periodically and working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends).
• F5 Networks, Inc. is an equal opportunityemployer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
F5 Networks, Inc. is an equal opportunityemployer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.F5 embracesdiversityand stands behind inclusion
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Back to top