Software Test Engineer (WAF ADC)
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
This position is responsible for planning, executing, and tracking the functional testing of the BIG-IP® Web Application Firewall. This includes creating test plans, executing and automating the tests, status reporting, documenting test results, and verifying bug fixes in accordance with F5 test processes and standards. Collaborates with peers and development teams under the direction and guidance of technical leads where needed on assigned projects. Requires little or no direct management to complete most of development tasks.
- Perform testing and validation of new products, as well as new releases of existing products following F5 test processes and standards. This includes creation of test strategy and test plans based on feature specs & requirements.
- Implement, enhance, and maintain automated tests using existing framework
- Execute, analyze, and debug results of product test automation.
- Collaborate with team members, technical leads, and development teams on testing, problem solving, troubleshooting and resolution of product issues.
- Participate actively in test review process, developing plans, incorporating feedback along with reviewing test plans submitted by other team members.
- Proactively and effectively communicate status, plan-of-action, and resolution of issues
- Work affectively to deliver on planned and committed schedules, through holistic ownership over assigned product areas and projects.
- Responsible for upholding F5's Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies.
- Perform other related duties and assignments as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Hands on technical experience with and solid knowledge in Network and Application protocols, OSI model, Web applications, UNIX / Linux Operating systems required.
- Solid experience in QA methodologies and Web Applications testing cycles.
- Strong test automation skills and experience in Perl, Python, JS, etc.
- Experience in testing WEB Applications and security products, Client and Server sides
- Solid experience in Load testing tools and methodologies
- Knowledge in network and WEB security threats and execution techniques.
- Solid analytic/trouble-shooting skills.
- Successfully manage ambiguity with limited direction.
- Able to collaborate and thrive in a fast-paced high-performance environment.
- Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree; or 3 years and a Master's degree; or a PhD without experience; or equivalent work experience.
- Demonstrated experience in testing fundamentals. Writing test cases, creating test plans, owning defects from beginning to end, and test case automation
F5 Networks, is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Meet Some of F5 Networks's Employees
Systems Engineering Manager
Rubyanne manages a team of systems engineers—the technical half of a Sales Account Team—empowering them with the tools they need to be successful as they provide pre-sales support throughout northern California.
Back to top