Software Engineer - Routing
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
We are looking for top engineers with system-level C, networking, protocol, switching and/or kernel expertise. Join our team of super smart engineers working in a fun, fast-paced, and highly technical environment where your dreams can become reality!
- Design state-of-the art software and system solutions for application delivery networking
- Implement and maintain major features and components for F5 products
- Document software designs via functional specifications and other design documents
- Enhance existing products; tune, re-evaluate the design and implementation of current source code;
- Conduct internal presentations to technical colleagues.
- Bachelor degree in computer/engineering related field or equivalent work experience
- One plus years professional experience
- Solid proficiency with C and data structures required
- Some background in IP networking protocols and Unix-like (Linux/Unix/BSD) operating systems
- History of delivering code with high quality on time
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing
- Excellent analytic / trouble-shooting and debugging skills
- Specific experience or expertise with ARP, NDP, MPLS, BGP, OSPF, PIM, IS-IS, RIP preferred
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Meet Some of F5 Networks's Employees
Systems Engineering Manager
Rubyanne manages a team of systems engineers—the technical half of a Sales Account Team—empowering them with the tools they need to be successful as they provide pre-sales support throughout northern California.
Back to top