Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
NGINX, now part of F5, is the company behind the popular open-source project. We offer a suite of technologies for developing and delivering modern applications. Together with F5, our combined solution bridges the gap between NetOps and DevOps, with multi-cloud application services that span from code to customer.
Are you looking to be an integral part of a development team delivering high-quality features for exciting next-generation products? Do you want to contribute to the cutting-edge, high-quality technology and products NGINX is known for worldwide? If so, we'd love to hear from you. The F5 NGINX Business Unit is searching for experienced Quality Engineers to join us in Cork, Ireland.
On our team, you will have a major hand in development, modification, and execution of software testing and test automation for NGINX's control plane applications. Our control plane products make it easy for customers to improve the performance, reliability, and security of their applications. You will apply your talent, knowledge, skills, and experience to ensure the software quality we are known.
- Own and drive performance testing for our Enterprise product and some of our open-source projects
- Implement simple, robust and repeatable NFR (Non-Functional Requirements) tests to enable Engineering to be better informed about the quality attributes of our products
- Write clean code, review others code, have your code reviewed by others and share learning experiences with your colleagues
- Own features and define their long-term health and performance metrics
- Capturing and visualizing performances metrics in dashboards
- Lead development of, and enhance, our automation toolset and tech stack
- Lead the research of new and cutting-edge testing methods and ideas for NFR testing
- Work with your DevOps colleagues to integrate your NFR testing in the right places in our CI/CD pipelines
Skills & Experience
- Expertise in writing automated tests for a large enterprise application
- Complete understanding of performance testing methodologies and metrics, and profiling tools
- Deep knowledge of performance testing tools such as JMeter, or similar, to build performance test suites for enterprise applications
- Professional experience with one or more of the following programming languages -- e.g., PHP, Python, Ruby, Go, C, or Java -- Python is our language of choice here for testing
- You have experience with test automation frameworks andtools(e.g.Pytest/Cucumber/Selenium)
- Solid Experience with Linux operating systems and the fundamentals of Computer Science
- Solid understanding of software quality best practices and processes, with a real dedication to high-quality test code
- You have experience working with CI/CD tools to make sure your tests are running in the right places at the right times. We use Gitlab for version control and CI/CD.
- Experience with cloud platforms is a real bonus (e.g.Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud Platform)
- Preferable - Experience with container technologies (e.g.Kubernetes, Docker, etc.)
- Must be self-directed, detail-oriented and have excellent written & verbal communication skills
- 5+ years of related experience with a bachelor's or master's degree in Computer Science (or similar field)
This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to become part of a companythat'son the leading edge of transformation. And because we know that a more diverse F5 is a more powerful F5,we'relooking for smart, talented, determined individuals to join us. If you make thoughtful decisions quickly, obsess over your customers' needs, take ownership of your work (the mistakes as well as the successes), and embrace different perspectives by putting the human first, then we want to talk to you.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email address (ending with @f5.com) or auto email notification from Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com or @myworkday.com).
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.