Software Engineer III - Java & Golang
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
At F5, we make apps faster, smarter, and safer...from anywhere. Come work with the F5-as-a-Service (F5aaS) team in an exciting, fast past environment charting the course for F5's future. You'll get to build cloud-native services for all major private and public cloud environments to help protect and accelerate and secure cloud-based applications. Come join a dynamic team using F5 IP, various open-source platforms, public cloud IaaS services, and demonstrating your own skills. Build services that are performant, reliable, secure, and scalable within a company known for our excellent culture.
We have an opening for a Senior Software Engineer in Test (SDET). This individual is responsible for the development, modification and execution of processes to maintain software quality.
Day to Day
- Participate in defining new software architectures, products and solutions.
- Keep abreast of new technologies, potential business partners
- Serve as source of technical expertise to a project team and is a mentor for junior staff members
- Document software designs via functional specifications and other design documents
- Technically lead the implementation of major system components
- Recommend and maintain technical design methodologies, processes and standards
- Proactively identifying and resolving key technical issues
- Conduct presentations both internally and externally - this includes technical and non-technical colleagues and customers
What You Will Bring to the Team
- Experience with any of the following programming languages - Java, Go
- Experience with CI/CD and project management tools (e.g. Git, Jenkins, Jira, Confluence, Bugzilla, etc.)
- Experience with web technologies (REST, JSON etc.)
- Experience with public clouds (e.g. Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud Platform)
- Preferable - Experience with container technologies (e.g. Kubernetes, Docker, etc.)
- Must be self-directed, detail-oriented and have excellent written & verbal communication skills
What You Must Have
- Requires a minimum of 3-5 years of related experience with a bachelor's degree
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
See Inside the Office of F5 Networks
Founded in 1996, F5 originally made a name for itself with load-balancing products. Since then, F5 has become a market leader and expanded its offerings to include the everything in the application delivery space—from load-balancing and acceleration to a whole host of security and authentication products, both on the cloud and at local datacenters.
Back to top