Software Engineer III
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Are you looking to be an integral part of a development team delivering high-quality features for exciting next generation products? Do you want to contribute to the cutting-edge, technology products we are known for worldwide? If so,we'dlove to hear from you! The F5 NGINX Business Unit is searching for expert Software Engineers to join us in eitherSeattle,WA, Boulder, CO,San Francisco, CA,or Cork, Ireland.On our team, you will play a major role in the,development, modification,andexecution of software development and deployment of ourenterprise-grade cloud nativemulti-tenant applications and systems on a public cloud. Theseservicesmake it easy for customers toeasily adopt andimprove consistent delivery of superlative solutions.
Software Engineers aid in delivery of loosely coupled software components and microservices integrated in both public & private cloud architectures. This role is focused upon creating solutions to a wide variety of technical challenges with varying scopes & complexities, while being independently designing, implementing, and testing new functionality as you collaborate with your peers and technical leads.
- Work closely with your team to design, code, and test robust, scalable,loosely coupledcomponents which integrate into public & private cloud infrastructuresand services
- Work on automating operational aspect of the services running in the cloud
- Consistently apply forward-thinking software design, implementation, and test principles
- Mentor junior developers while demonstrating leadership
- Focus efforts to optimize on-time delivery of features and fixes with high quality
- Work in an agile environment that enables development teams to iterate rapidly
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in designing, building, and operating a multi-tenant cloud-based service, at scale
- Experiencein the area ofanalytics and visibility
- Deep experience in any public cloud architecture, orchestration/ containerization tools likeExperience developing incloudenvironments(both public and private, such as Amazon Web Services,MicrosoftAzure, or VMware vSphere)
- Strongknowledgeand experience withcontainer and orchestration systems such as DockerandKubernetes
- Experience withweb technologies (e.g.,HTTP,RESTAPIs and JSON) andsource codeversion control toolsuch as Git
- Experience withDBMS technologies, e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL
- Detailed understanding ofcomputernetworking
- Superlative analytical as well as trouble-shooting skills
- Dynamic collaborators who thrive in diverse, geographically distributedteams
- Able to demonstrate teamwork abilities which include diplomacy, promotion of sound ideas & concepts, paired with the desire to help others grow their skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor's or advanced degree; and/or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of experience in relevant roles
- Outstanding coding abilities with languagessuch asGo, Python, C++
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Back to top