Software Engineer II - Single Page Web Application
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
F5 Networks is looking for a GUI Software Engineer, responsible for design, and development of easy to use web applications, specifically configuration management, cloud services, and visibility products. The applications designed and developed by this person will be broad (Configuration Management GUI, Interactive Dashboards and Reports, Policy Editors, etc.) and will require multi-functional interactions with the broader F5 engineering teams as well as UX team.
- Design and develop easy-to-use industry leading GUI for configuration management - specifically for Identity & Access Management (IAM), and Federation use cases, policy editor, cloud services, and configuration wizards for various security / IAM use cases.
- Design and develop sophisticated visibility solutions using charting libraries and Elasticsearch query API
- Document software designs via functional specifications and design documents
- Provide creative and innovative solutions to the problems the end users face with using our products.
- Self-management, working through issues, and taking initiative to deliver product as per plan and with good quality are meaningful
- Someone who is passionate about building web based GUI and really enjoys solving complex user experience problems.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, and debugging skills. Ability to grasp new technologies quickly, and collaborating well with other team members is required.
- Someone who has good software design instincts and coding style
- Knowledge of Java, REST concepts, NoSQL database, Elasticsearch, Linux, IP networking basics is a plus.
- Willingness and ability to write good functional specification and design documents
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 2 years of related experience; or an advanced degree without experience; or equivalent work experience.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Back to top