Software Engineer II
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Are you looking for a great team, a positive and productive work environment, and the opportunity to fully leverage your exceptional technical skills towards driving the vision, engineering, and delivery, of world class software systems?
The Product Development Infrastructure (PDI) Team's mission is to provide the tools, systems, services, and infrastructure required to fuel the growth of a rapidly expanding, industry leading Product Development organization whose mission critical networking products are globally deployed by many of the largest IT enterprises today. We are seeking an exceptionally motivated Software Engineer to work with us in making a profound impact across the Product Development organization at F5. Our organization will provide you with highly challenging work, solid career growth opportunities, and one of the best compensation packages you will find in the industry. If you enjoy working on complex problems, value a workplace where you are treated with respect, and are prepared to 'go big or go home', we look forward to hearing from you!
The Test Orchestration and Provisioning team at F5 is responsible for creating and maintaining a unified test automation platform. This team's work is critical to the success of the F5 development teams' ability to ship products on a reliable and rapid cadence. The TOP team is also participating in cross team intiatives that are in the process of being defined, as we drive to unify tools and work flows across the company.
- A willingness to learn.
- Respect for teammates work, ideas and opinions.
- Self motivated, enthusiastic about the work we are doing.
Experience with the following technologies, or the motivation to learn these technologies, is preferred.
- Git, Go, Python.
- Micro-service technologies.
- VM technologies, Docker, Kubernetes.
- RabbitMQ/ActiveMQ, Celery, Ansible, Terraform, Prometheus, Alert Manager, Istio, OpenStack, ELK.
- Strong technical skills and an interest in new and emerging technology.
- Design, develop and integrate Test Orchestration and Provisioning components and features - this work is driven by the requirements of the frameworks we are onboarding.
- Provide technical documentation for TOP users, partners, code, and designs.
- Act as a cross-team liaison evangelizing TOP, as well as other PDI tools and features.
- Drive Quality of Service for TOP - ensure that our components are reliable, maintainable and performant.
- Contribute to designs coming out of other PDI teams to ensure the proper level of consistency and integration is maintained. Contribute to the overall PDI roadmap.
- Assists teammates as needed.
- Participates in code reviews.
- Research, investigate and define new areas of technology to enhance existing processes.
- Evaluate performance of products; tune, re-evaluate the design and implementation of current source code.
- Responsible for upholding F5's Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge and experience with web technologies and\or micro services a plus (e.g. http, ssl).
- 1-2 years UNIX development experience (networking a plus)
- 1-2 years programming experience in the software languages that support the TOP product line a plus.
- Analytic / trouble-shooting skills
- Ability to effectively interact both verbally and in writing with users of the product
- Able to collaborate and thrive in a fast-paced high-performance environment
- 1-2 years experience designing, developing and debugging software.
- BS/BA in Computer Science/related field or equivalent work experience.
- Or alternatively, 0 years experience and MS in Computer Science/related field or equivalent work experience.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Meet Some of F5 Networks's Employees
Systems Engineering Manager
Rubyanne manages a team of systems engineers—the technical half of a Sales Account Team—empowering them with the tools they need to be successful as they provide pre-sales support throughout northern California.
Back to top