Software Engineer II - BASE OS OpenShift
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Come work on OpenShift/OKD, which is an open source container application platform based on the Kubernetes container cluster manager for enterprise application development and deployment. The F5 team is looking for a development team. In this role, you will be asked to contribute to the open source community for OpenShift/OKD and supporting packages. You will need to have excellent technical and communication skills, as you will be working closely with F5 developers across world and participating in the open source community. The role shall be located in the F5 site in Hyderabad, India.
Primary job responsibilities
• F5 strives to provide world-class Application Delivery Networking products. We are seeking a software engineer to join our established Operating System team. This team is responsible for providing the standards-based system software that our products are built upon.
• Play an active part in developing various projects around OpenShift/OKD by Red Hat customer services which allow customers and system reliability engineering (SRE) teams to manage their OpenShift/OKD by Red Hat clusters; most of these projects are based on Go on the back-end side and ReactJS on the front-end side.
• Packaging OpenShift and supporting software for deployment in F5 products.
• Become responsible for the quality of our offering: participate in peer code reviews, continuous integration (CI), continuous delivery (CD) and respond to security threats.
• Coordinate with team leads, architects, and other engineers on the design offering.
• Work with our F5 global customer support team and partner support teams on resolving customer issues.
• Publicize the team's work through blogs, web postings, and conference talks.
• Stay up to date with the open source community for enhancements and new developments.
• BS degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience.
• Solid knowledge and experience with networking (UDP, TCP).
• Understanding of SCM systems, preferably GIT.
• Understanding of packaging systems, preferably RPM.
• Strong Familiarity with Docker/OpenShift/Kubernetes is a plus.
• 3+ years UNIX development experience.
• 3+ years programming experience in C/C++ and Go.
• Python is a plus for Automated testing.
• Excellent analytic / trouble-shooting skills.
• Solid written and verbal communication skills.
• Able to collaborate and thrive in a fast-paced high-performance environment.
• Proficient written and verbal communication skills in English.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
• Daily computer use in an office and be able to work in lab environment.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Back to top