Software Engineer II
- Hyderabad, India
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
F5 Networks - Rapid Development Team
About the Team
Career opportunity. Help expand F5 to complete our world-wide reach.
F5 Networks sits between the Internet and some of the largest companies on Earth. We keep their applications running fast, safe, and efficiently. F5's hardware and software products are highly configurable and blazingly fast. The Rapid Development Team (RDT) is the customer facing side of F5 Product Development and has the charter to keep our existing clientele happy. RDT accomplishes this through two major arenas - diagnosing and resolving the hardest customer issues (SRs) using a dedicated group of elite software engineers who thrive on the hunt. Successful RDT developers solve difficult unique problems, can multi-task efficiently, communicate calmly, and enjoy playing the hero.
RDT has a unique vantage point within F5 Product Development. Our Software Engineers understand the product in its entirety - not only how the features work but how they work together. This makes RDT engineers highly valued at F5. Some of the best engineers at F5 work for or have worked for RDT.
This position is responsible for the identification, evaluation, and solution of complex software issues. Must also be able to design, develop, and maintain high-quality code for product components. Perform as an individual contributor and collaborate with peers under the direction of technical leads on assigned project teams. Requires little direct management to complete most of the development tasks.
- Evaluate and solve software failures
- Improve the existing functionality
- Work cross functionally integrating, testing and debugging issues with existing system wide software
- Collaborate with team members and technical leads
- Build tools and infrastructure to improve F5's components and features
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Good knowledge in any of the following languages: C, C++, Java
- Good analytic / trouble-shooting and debugging skills
- Knowledge and experience with network, security and web technologies such as TCP, UDP, IP, HTTP, L4-L7, DNS, SSL, tunneling, SIP, Diameter and such
- Experience in software design and development
- Experience programming in Linux networking and OS internals
- Demonstrated excellence in written and verbal communications
- Self-motivated, team player and ambitious
- Duties are performed in a normal office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table
- Duties require the ability to utilize a computer, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material
- Knowledge in REST based web-services development
- Agile based software development methodologies like SCRUM
- Typically requires a maximum of 3 years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree; or 1 years and a Master's degree; or a PhD; or equivalent work experience.
F5 Networks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace. The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email address (ending with @f5.com) or auto email notification from Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com or @myworkday.com).
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Back to top