Software Engineer ( DevOps/ WAF team )
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
The F5 WAF Blue team is looking for talented DevOps Engineer. The role includes responsibility for the day-to-day operations of the F5 WAF Blue platform. This hands-on position has technical leadership responsibility for the successful, continuous operations of our customer-facing cloud services. This included the development of automation to facilitate management, monitoring, reporting, troubleshooting, and self-healing of production systems. Additional responsibilities might include co-lo design and build outs, SLA management, operations management and projects to continually improve service quality and performance
- Maintain and develop DevOps capabilities
- Design and implement pipelines for building, testing and deploying of component containers
- Design, code and implement security and platform hardening functionality.
- provide vulnerability bug research, analysis to determine F5 product exposure based on customer or industry events
- provide security bug resolution using coding standards
- Serve as source of technical and security expertise to multiple project teams.
- Perform analysis to define design requirements for modification to existing tools, utilities, system structures, environments and provide technical input into project scope and estimating activities.
- Participate in special projects and development as assigned.
- Linux Expert.
- Deep knowledge with Linux hardening and security update methodologies and practices.
- Deep knowledge with network security, OSI model.
- Practice with penetration tools and tests.
- Experienced with: Open source 3rd party tools/ applications, Networking, XEN/ KVM, OpenStack is desirable.
- Experience with Configuration management and with orchestrators/ orchestrating technics (SALT, Chef, Puppet) is desirable.
- experience and deep knowledge in the next areas: Linux, Kafka, ELK, , docker and cloud technologies.
- Experience in cloud operation procedures.
- Understanding Agile environment.
- Networking expertise and security knowledge.
- Experience with CI/CD tools, such as GitLab, Jenkins, JFrog Artifactory
- Scripting: Bash
• Development languages (1 or more): Python, Java, Ruby.
• Team player, pleasant to work with, dedicated, motivated.
• knowledge with Security technologies such as SSL/TLS, FIPS 140-2, SELinux, IPS/IDS, Firewalls- an advantage
• BA/BSC in computer science from leading university - advantage
F5 Networks, is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Meet Some of F5 Networks's Employees
Kristen G.Sr. Global Campaign Manager
As a Global Campaign Manager on the Security Marketing Team, Kristen works to develop high-impact campaigns to reach, entice, and engage potential customers.
Back to top