Software Engineer - DevOps
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
We are looking for top engineers with agile development and DevOps experience to build a modern, automation ready continuous integration continuous development (CICD) system that scales to meet and exceed customer expectations.
If you have experience in DevOps, are interested in process engineering and automation, and have strong collaboration and problem-solving skills, we want you to come join us and help us build the future of f5.
As a Software Engineer, you will be part of an agile team building a Continuous Integration and Delivery pipeline, automating scale deployments simulating customer focused topologies, and contributing to the development and testing of the product.
Join our team of super smart engineers working in a fun, fast-paced, and highly technical environment where your dreams can become reality!
- Design state-of-the art software and system solutions for CICD systems
- Implement and maintain delivery of major components of F5 products
- Document software processes and best practices for developers
- Enhance existing infrastructure; tune, re-evaluate the design and implementation of build systems
- Conduct internal presentations to technical colleagues
- Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration
- Experience with automation/configuration management using CICD-technologies: Docker, Kubernetes, Git/Git-Hub
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (experience with AWS is highly desired)
- Experience with databases
- Experience with scripting languages (PHP, Python, Perl and/or Ruby)
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- Bachelor degree in computer/engineering related field or equivalent work experience
- Five plus years professional experience
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing
- Excellent analytic / trouble-shooting and debugging skills
- Specific experience or expertise with memory management or kernel is a big plus.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Meet Some of F5 Networks's Employees
Systems Engineering Manager
Rubyanne manages a team of systems engineers—the technical half of a Sales Account Team—empowering them with the tools they need to be successful as they provide pre-sales support throughout northern California.
Back to top