Software Engineer - Control Plane/Data Plane
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
F5 Networks is simplifying management of F5 technologies for our customers. We are providing solutions to problems around configuration management, deployment, monitoring, visibility and analytics at scale. We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to take on development of significant areas of data-plane and/or control-plane of the SSL Orchestrator product and will require cross-functional interactions with the broader F5 engineering team. The ideal candidate is an energetic, hands-on and creative problem solver.
You will be working on SSL Orchestrator – F5's new all-in-one appliance solution designed specifically to optimize the SSL infrastructure, provide security devices with visibility of SSL/TLS encrypted traffic, and maximize efficient use of that existing security investment. This solution supports policy-based management and steering of traffic flows to existing security devices, designed to easily integrate into existing architectures, and centralizes the SSL decrypt/encrypt function by delivering the latest SSL encryption technologies across the entire security infrastructure. You will work with a team that is smart, passionate and customer experience oriented.
- Contributes to the design and implementation of data-plane and/or control-plane for the SSL Orchestrator product.
- Writes code with supportability and debuggability in mind.
- Evaluates and designs the implementation of current source code
- Document software designs via functional specifications and other design documents
- Collaborate with team members and technical leads
- Responsible for upholding F5's Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must have strong C programming skills on Linux platforms.
- Knowledge and experience in embedded operating systems is required.
- Working knowledge of a scripting language such as Perl, TCL, Python, etc. is required.
- Knowledge and experience in networking technologies is required.
- Must have working knowledge of source code revision control systems.
- Knowledge of standard data structures and algorithms, multi-threading, run-time complexities, IPC, etc. is required.
- Knowledge of C++, TCL, Java is a plus.
- Knowledge of SSL and security protocols is a plus.
- Must have excellent problem solving skills.
- Analytic / trouble-shooting skills.
- Able to collaborate and thrive in a fast-paced high-performance environment that requires candidate to grasp new technologies quickly.
- Demonstrated excellence in written and verbal communications.
- Scope of projects increased. Can implement new functionality in at least two specific skill areas.
- 2 + years' experience designing, developing and debugging software in C in Linux environment.
- BS/BA in Computer Science/related field, or equivalent experience
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Meet Some of F5 Networks's Employees
Sr. Software Engineer
Working within the Quality Assurance Department, Maxim is responsible for creating test automation tools, with the primary goal of ensuring the product fulfills its function without issue.
Back to top