Software Engineer - Backend
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
NGINX, now part of F5, is the company behind the popular open-source project. We offer a suite of technologies for developing and delivering modern applications. Together with F5, our combined solution bridges the gap between NetOps and DevOps, with multi-cloud application services that span from code to customer.
Are you looking to be an integral part of a development team delivering high-quality features for exciting next generation products? Do you want to contribute to the cutting-edge, technology products we are known for worldwide? If so,we'dlove to hear from you! The F5 NGINX Business Unit is searching for expert Software Engineers to join us inCork, Ireland.On our team, you will play a major role in thedesign,development, modification, and execution of software development and deployment of our NGINX's control plane applications. These products make it easy for customers to improve consistent delivery of superlative solutions.
This role is focused upon building our API Management Platform. API management is the process of creating and publishing web application programming interfaces, enforcing their usage policies, controlling access, interfacing with the subscriber community, collecting and analysing usage statistics, and reporting on performance.
- Work closely with your team to design, code, and test robust, scalable,loosely coupledcomponents which integrate into public & private cloud infrastructures.
- Consistently apply forward-thinking software design, implementation, and test principles.
- Mentor junior developers while demonstrating leadership.
- Focus efforts to optimise on-time delivery of features andbugfixes with high quality.
- Work in an agile environment that enables development teams to iterate rapidly.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in designing, building, and operating REST API services at scale.
- Experience in the area of analytics and visibility
- Experience withweb technologies (e.g.,HTTP,RESTAPIs and JSON) andsource codeversion control toolsuch as Git
- Experience withDBMS technologies,e.g.PostgreSQL, MySQL
- Detailed understanding ofcomputernetworking
- Superlative analytical as well as trouble-shooting skills
- Dynamic collaborators who thrive in diverse, geographically distributedteams
- Able to demonstrate teamwork abilities which include diplomacy, promotion of sound ideas & concepts, paired with the desire to help others grow their skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor's or advanced degree; and/or equivalent work experience.
- 8+ years of experience in relevant roles.
- Outstanding coding abilities with languagessuch asGo, Python, C++.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email address (ending with @f5.com) or auto email notification from Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com or @myworkday.com).
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Back to top