Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Do you have a passion for innovation and want to help build progressive products used every day by millions of people on the Internet? Would you like to play a part in delivering groundbreaking technology for SaaS and traditional on-premises large-scale systems and web applications? Are you an advocate of a strong engineering culture and continuous learning? Do you want to contribute to cutting-edge technology products which F5 and NGINX are known for worldwide? If so, we'd love to hear from you! The F5 NGINX Business Unit is searching for specialist Software Engineers to join us in either Seattle, WA, Boulder, CO, San Francisco, CA.
As a software engineer, you will be an integral part of a development team delivering high-quality features for exciting next generation SaaS products. You will have a major hand in design and implementation of NGINX's control plane enterprise applications as well as open-source projects. The role is focused on delivering loosely coupled software components and microservices integrated in both public & private cloud architectures; creating solutions to a wide variety of technical challenges; independently designing, implementing, and testing new functionality; and collaborating with peers and technical leads.
- Work closely with your team to craft, code, and test robust, scalable, loosely coupled components which integrate into SaaS applications deployed on public & private cloud infrastructures.
- Consistently apply forward-thinking software design, implementation, and test principles.
- Mentor junior developers while demonstrating leadership.
- Focus efforts to optimize on-time delivery of features and bug fixes with high quality.
- Work in an agile environment that enables development teams to iterate rapidly.
Skills & Experience:
- Proficient in Golang.
- Experience developing in cloud environments (such as Microsoft Azure, AWS, Google Cloud, etc).
- Good understanding of computer networking.
- Experience with web technologies (e.g., HTTP, REST APIs).
- Experience with DBMS technologies, e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL.
- Experience with container and orchestration systems such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Sound analytical and trouble-shooting skills.
- Good collaboration skills, ability to adapt and thrive in diverse, geographically distributed teams.
- Good partnership skills which include promotion of sound ideas & concepts paired with the desire to help others grow their skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor's or advanced degree; and/or equivalent work experience.
- 5 years of experience in relevant roles.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email address (ending with @f5.com) or auto email notification from Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com or @myworkday.com).
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.