Software Development Manager
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
What are we looking for?
We are seeking an ambitious leader with real passion for API's and integrating systems. The Software Development Manager will lead the API and integration development team and have a rare chance to create an API program from the ground up and shape the future of how F5 systems communicate.
As senior member of our team, you will mentor and lead a team dedicated to connecting systems that make our apps GO. You will own all phases of the development lifecycle from collecting business requirements, design, development, deployment, and support. You are responsible for all things people on your team. You will be a leader and manager of all aspects of the API program from strategy through delivery, and drive innovation across the application integration landscape.
Here's what you'll do
- Successfully deliver work products
- Collaborate with executives to define strategy
- Identify and implement opportunities to increase efficiency
- Implement best practices and industry standards
- Optimally staff projects as needed whether sourced from internal or external sources
- Constantly assess new technologies
- Build awesome relationships with co-workers
- Create inspiring architectural diagrams
- Establish and grow communities of practice
Build and grow API program and transform application integration
- API led development as a practice
- Own and champion use of API portals
- Measure and analyze how API's are consumed
- Craft self-service best practices
- Enable business strategy through API design
- Build an integration platform as a service (iPaaS) capability
- Define patterns and standards for cloud to cloud, ground to cloud and ground to ground integration
- Establish and grow citizen integrator capabilities
What skills are needed to be successful here?
- Handling systems and software development projects of all sizes and complexities
- Leading smart people who like to code
- Working with others to succeed
- Handling multiple things and making good priority decisions
- Being a mentor
- Desire to choose speed and fearless of change
- Passion to commit and deliver
- Curiosity and desire to learn
- Translation of business needs to technical solutions
- Willing to speak up and challenge
- Super good at communicating
How do YOU qualify?
- 7+ years as a software developer
- 5+ years leading a software development team
- B.S. Degree in Computer Science or related degree.
- 10 years of information technology experience
- Developing individual and team goals
- Motivating individuals and teams
- Handling team performance
- Business results oriented
Technical skills required:
- Event-driven and API-centric architecture
- Batch-driven architecture (ETL & ELT)
- Message queueing (RabbitMQ, SQS, Azure Service Bus, etc.)
- REST, SOAP, JSON, XML, etc.
- B2B, including EDI (EDIFACT, X12)
- SaaS integration (Salesforce, Concur, Workday, and commonly used SaaS business platforms)
- Integration platforms (Oracle Fusion Middleware, Dell Boomi, Tibco, Mulesoft)
- API management platforms (Apigee, Azure API Management, Mulesoft, Apigee)
- Swagger, RAML
- RDBMS (Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL)
- Java (J2EE)
- Programmable infrastructure (Vagrant, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Docker, etc.)
- Open source projects (Apache, Python, Scala, etc.)
- Content management systems (Drupal, Joomla, etc.)
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Meet Some of F5 Networks's Employees
Systems Engineering Manager
Rubyanne manages a team of systems engineers—the technical half of a Sales Account Team—empowering them with the tools they need to be successful as they provide pre-sales support throughout northern California.
Back to top