Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Why do you want to join our team?
Life at F5 is never dull. We are constantly identifying industry trends and disruptions, then innovating to get ahead of future customer needs-creating application services that help the world's leading organizations deliver their critical business apps faster and with the highest levels of flexibility, security, performance, and support.
But our success isn't driven solely by what we do. We also care deeply about how we do it. At F5, our culture is how we live, every single day. And it's producing extraordinary results-not only for our customers, but also for our employees. We understand that your life is about more than just work, so we're committed to a culture that supports your whole life.
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to build and support the most exciting missions in the world! You get the adventure and independence of working at a start-up without any of the financial risks because you are supported by a growing Fortune 1000 technology company.
F5 leads the market in building products to make every app run faster, smarter, and safer anywhere. To support our growing business, we need to expand our corporate IT organization by creating a new delivery center in Guadalajara.
When you start this role, you will have the once in a lifetime opportunity to help develop our IT Quality Assurance practices in our established Guadalajara office. You get the adventure and independence of working at a start-up without any of the financial risks because you are supported by a growing Fortune 1000 technology company.
What will you do?
As a Software Development Engineer with QA skills, your primary responsibility is to design and develop appropriate systems solutions according to business requirements and specifications.
You will provide technical expertise in evaluating, designing, developing, deploying, monitoring, and supporting systems and procedures that are cost-effective and improve work efficiency.
Additionally, you will partner with Enterprise and Solution Architects to ensure that the application meets company service level standards and roadmap requirements.
Your secondary responsibility is to step into a QA role when the QA capacity in a scrum team is constrained at any given iterations. In this secondary role, you will create test plans and test cases and execute them via either manual or automated processes to ensure the development work meets the acceptance criteria and be defect-free for every user story.
You will also develop and execute test automation to support quick, standardized, and repeatable regression tests. Moreover, you will contribute to the QA Center of Excellence, QA infrastructure, test strategy for IT's applications, services, and delivery infrastructure that are focused on the sales, services, and marketing technologies.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Analyze and translate business requirements and acceptance criteria into functional and non-function system requirements
- Design reliable/scalable/reusable/future-proof technical solutions to the business requirements/specifications/acceptance criteria and can effectively present your technical solutions to the review board in the format of POC or flow diagrams.
- Write technical design documents when needed and document complex solutions to share with your peers
- Develop and maintain new and existing functionality on enterprise Salesforce platform applications. This includes but is not limited to: creating front-end Aura and/or LWC components and backend custom objects with or without Apex code; building custom UI based on UX designs developed in various UX design tools such as Figma and Invision
- Integrate Salesforce with other internal or external applications which can be hosted on-premises or in the cloud
- Understand the Salesforce development standard methodologies and know when to use out-of-the-box functionalities/capabilities and when to use the customized approaches in solving a business requirement
- Manage CI/CD build and release pipelines. Resolve code deployment issues of lower environments and code conflict in the local development environment or the remote repo
- Contribute to the scrum team by involving in Grooming/Planning/Retrospective/Scrum meetings, especially providing consistent and reliable LOE estimate
- Work with the enterprise architects and the solution architects to design a technical solution that meets the company's service level standard, security requirement and minimizes the dependency of the upstream teams and the impact to the downstream teams
- Work with the product owner to understand the acceptance criteria and provide alternatives to any unattainable asks
- Partner with Site Reliability Engineers to deliver code to the higher environments (Stage and Production)
- Provide production support
- Provide onboarding assistance to new team members
- Accurately translate the business requirements from a Salesforce perspective into well-written test plans and test cases
- Execute test the plans and cases through manual or automated processes and log defects with concise description and easy-to-follow steps to allow other team members to reproduce the defect
- Contribute to the scrum team by involving in Grooming/Planning/Retrospective/Scrum meetings, being part of required scrum events, and assisting the product owner on demo in each PI/Iteration
- Effectively connect with the engineers, the solution architect, SRE, and product owners
- Provide to the management with reports on the matrix of testing coverage, success rate, and other relevant data
- Provide onboarding assistance to the new team members
- Create/Modify the Automation frameworks as per project/product needs.
- Be up to date on industry changes, cutting edge technologies/tools, create Proof of Concepts, and implement them across the teams.
- Maintain the developed scripts to keep them up-to-date.
- Contribute to CI/CT/CD process using DevOps Tools
- Provide testing support to projects and product releases both with automated tests, and manual testing as required
- Responsible for upholding F5's Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies.
- Provide excellent customer service to IT internal and business partner customers
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
What do you need to be successful in this role?
- Strong skills in communicating with different roles in a scrum team.
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of Salesforce and Salesforce Community applications. Expert understanding in Salesforce data security model and working experience in setting up data security via configuration and coding alike
- Solid understanding and working experience in object-oriented programming such as Java/Apex. Understand when to use configuration and when to use custom code
- Understand the relational database in general and the Salesforce data model in particular. Masterful in using SOQL and SOSL. Experience in using the developer console, workbench, Heroku, Postman, and other development tools
- Demonstrate knowledge of CI/CD process with working experience of building CI/CD build and release pipelines
- Demonstrate an understanding of various software testing methodology and different types of software testing
- Working experience in creating test automation process using different automation frameworks
- Working knowledge of Agile methodology
- Working knowledge of using Selenium as webdriver for UI tests and Cucumber to write the feature files in BDD.
- Working experience in creating/running test automation framework using Eclipse/Java
- Working experience in using test case management and reporting tools such as ADO or testing suite applications
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
What will we look for on your resume?
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience in Salesforce and Salesforce Community development
- 5+ years of experience in SFDC (either as a tester or a developer)
- Salesforce Certifications in: Administrator, Platform App Builder, Platform Developer II
- Experience with databases and basic SQL skills required
- Experience multiple software development methodologies/lifecycles required
- Good programming knowledge of at least 1 of the following: Java, C#, Python
- Java development skills desirable
This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to become part of a company that's on the leading edge of transformation. And because we know that a more diverse F5 is a more powerful F5, we're looking for smart, talented, determined individuals to join us. If you make thoughtful decisions quickly, obsess over your customers' needs, take ownership of your work (the mistakes as well as the successes), and embrace different perspectives by putting the human first, then we want to talk to you.
We offer work/life integration programs like Freedom to Flex, dynamic employee inclusion groups, paid maternity/paternity leave, tuition assistance for professional development, a comprehensive mentoring program, rewards/recognition, and so much more. At F5, we truly do help each other thrive and it shows: F5 has been named one of the "World's Most Admired Companies" by Fortune magazine for the past two years.
And this commitment to living our culture doesn't just exist within our offices; it extends into our communities through Global Good initiatives such as employee matching, volunteer opportunities, and the F5 Foundation. Our employees are passionate about making a difference in the world.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email address (ending with @f5.com) or auto email notification from Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com or @myworkday.com).
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.