Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Why do you want to join our team?
Life at F5 is never dull. We are constantly identifying industry trends and disruptions, then innovating to get ahead of future customer needs-creating application services that help the world's leading organizations deliver their critical business apps faster and with the highest levels of flexibility, security, performance, and support.
But our success isn't driven solely by what we do. We also care deeply about how we do it. At F5, our culture is how we live, every single day. And it's producing extraordinary results-not only for our customers, but also for our employees. We understand that your life is about more than just work, so we're committed to a culture that supports your whole life.
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to build and support the most exciting missions in the world! You get the adventure and independence of working at a start-up without any of the financial risks because you are supported by a growing Fortune 1000 technology company.
What will you do?
The software development engineer II (SDET II) contributes to the Test Engineering function, test infrastructure, test strategy, test automation and test plans for Technology Services'' (TS) applications, services and delivery infrastructure. This team-oriented position will develop and execute test automation, repeatable test procedures, implement and support TS Test practices across TS's teams. The position will also assist in integrating the Test Services as part of CI/CD pipeline.
Test Automation/Tool Development (70% of time)
- Contribute user stories to automated test development backlog using existing manual test scripts, project requirements, support tickets and on request from TS technical staff.
- Develop, schedule and execute automated test cases as prioritized using team-selected tools.
- Create and maintain the test automation framework as per the product needs that supports integration, scheduled regression and on-request execution of tests.
- Participate in the planning for and develop the tools/systems needed to make test automation execution and reporting accessible to TS staff.
- Support and enhance non-production technical environments for team's technologies
Project / Release Quality Assurance (30% of time)
- Provide testing support to projects and product releases both with automated tests, and manual testing as required
- Work closely with developers, analysts and system administrators as Test Engineering SME to model and foster the implementation of TS Test Engineering into projects and production support. Coordinate with the vendors who provide / support various testing resources & services
- Report findings, log defects and ensure an appropriate disposition for each
- Maintain test automation application(s) (sustaining engineering)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated expertise in creating automation frameworks and thorough understanding of all the automation concepts
- Demonstrated ability in developing new automation tools based on the business and customer needs
- Ability to partner with different development and business teams in different geographies
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Ability to provide exceptional support to both internal and external customers
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast paced, changing environment
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong knowledge of continuous integration; build and deploy automation tools desirable
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience in all phases of testing with heavy exposure to automation
- Proficient in at least in 2 test automation tools, including but not limited to Oracle OATS, Selenium, UFT, SOA test, JMeter, Soap UI) required
- Experience with test management tools like ADO, ALM required.
- Experience with databases and good SQL skills preferred
- Experience multiple software development methodologies/lifecycles required
- Experience with testing of data-driven and event-driven architectures required
- Solid programming knowledge of at least 1 of the following: Java, C#, C++
- Advanced Java development skills desirable
- Experience with Salesforce platform Oracle EBS, Salesforce, Boomi, Informatica desirable
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email address (ending with @f5.com) or auto email notification from Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com or @myworkday.com).
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.