Software Development Engineer III_ ETL Developer with Snowflake
- Hyderabad, India
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
The Business Intelligence Analyst III must possess an expertise level of technical experience necessary to develop and maintain a Data Warehouse, reporting metadata, and ETL jobs using Informatica and/or Wherescape RED. This role partners with power users, BI front end developers and business analysts to provide data to these individuals in a way that is easy to use in dashboards/reports and analyze. Candidate must have significant experience designing and delivering BI solutions via ETL tools. This position is regarded as a Subject Matter Expert in the areas of BI, ETL, Data Warehousing, and Data Modeling.
ATTRACTIONS OF THE JOB:
This key resource is instrumental in providing data to analysts to support analytical decision making at F5. This role helps to guide and shape the future of BI and Data Warehousing at F5.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong SQL experience
- Experience developing ETL in Informatica Powercenter and/or Wherescape RED
- Experience developing on Oracle and SQL Server databases
- Experience with one or more scripting languages: Python, Perl, Bash
- Experience loading data into databases from databases, file, JSON, and XML
- Experience with multiple business data domains (accounting, finance, sales, support, manufacturing, product development)
- Adept at translating functional requirements into technical solutions
- Ability to act as Lead BI Developer on a project, and complete complex development
- Ability to mentor and influence others through example
- Demonstrates excellent analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Underestands business processes and relationship of systems and applications
- Demonstrates strong time management and organizational skills
- Ability to self-motivate, set goals, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with Azure data platforms and ETL tools is a plus
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or Mathematics or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- 8 or more years of industry experience with BI ETL tools - Informatica, Wherescape RED, SSIS
- 8 or more years of industry experience in writing and interpreting of SQL queries
- 5 or more years of industry experience designing data models and data standards
- Fluency and real life applications of Kimball data modeling methodology
- Experience with Agile or Scrum is desired
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
List any special environmental conditions, unpleasant conditions and special hazards, as well as any lifting, bending or vision requirements.
- Duties are performed in a normal office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table.
- Duties require the ability to utilize a computer, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material.
- Duties may require being on call periodically and working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends).
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Back to top