Software Development Engineer III
- Guadalajara, Mexico
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Why do you want to join our team?
F5 leads the market in building products to make every app run faster, smarter, and safer anywhere. To support our growing business, we need to expand our corporate IT organization by creating a new delivery center in Guadalajara.
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to build and support the most exciting missions in the world! When you start this role, you will have the once in a lifetime opportunity to help develop our IT Quality Assurance practices in our newly established Guadalajara office. You get the adventure and independence of working at a start-up without any of the financial risks because you are supported by a growing Fortune 1000 technology company.
Life at F5 is never dull. We are constantly identifying industry trends and disruptions, then innovating to get ahead of future customer needs-creating application services that help the world's leading organizations deliver their critical business apps faster and with the highest levels of flexibility, security, performance, and support.
What will you do?
Our Software Development Engineer provides software development support by analyzing business requirements to design and develop appropriate systems solutions according to specifications. They provide technical expertise in evaluating, designing, developing, deploying, monitoring, and supporting systems and procedures that are cost-effective and improve work efficiency. Additionally, the Software Development Engineer partners with Enterprise and Solution Architects to ensure that the application meets company service level standards and roadmap requirements
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Analyze and translate business requirements and acceptance criteria into functional and non-function system requirements
- Design reliable/scalable/reusable/future-proof technical solutions to the business requirements/specifications/acceptance criteria and can effectively present your technical solutions to the review board in the format of POC or flow diagrams.
- Write technical design documents when needed and document complex solutions to share with your peers
- Develop and maintain new and existing functionality on enterprise Salesforce platform applications. This includes but is not limited to creating front-end Aura and/or LWC components and backend custom objects with or without Apex code.
- Integrate Salesforce with other internal or external applications which can be hosted on-premises or in the cloud
- Understand the Salesforce development best practices and knows when to use out-of-the-box functionalities/capabilities and when to use the customized approaches in solving a business requirement
- Manage CI/CD build and release pipelines. Resolve code deployment issues of lower environments and code conflict in the local development environment or the remote repo.
- Contribute to the scrum team by involving in Grooming/Planning/Retrospective/Scrum meetings, especially providing consistent and reliable LOE estimate
- Work with the enterprise architects and the solution architects to design a technical solution that meets the company's service level standard, security requirement and minimizes the dependency of the upstream teams and the impact to the downstream teams
- Work with the product owner to understand the acceptance criteria and provide alternatives to any unattainable asks
- Partner with Site Reliability Engineers to deliver code to the higher environments (Stage and Production)
- Provide onboarding assistance to new team members
- Responsible for upholding F5's Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies.
- Provide excellent customer service to IT internal and business partner customers
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
What do you need to be successful in this role?
- Strong skills in communicating with different roles in a scrum team.
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of Salesforce Sales or Services or Community applications. Expert understanding in Salesforce data security model and working experience in setting up data security via configuration and coding alike
- Experience developing in Salesforce technologies such as Apex, Triggers, Lightning Design, and Visualforce pages
- Ability to design, config, code, test, debug, and maintain Salesforce platform
- Solid understanding and working experience in object-oriented programming such as Java/Apex. Understand when to use configuration and when to use custom code
- Experience with Salesforce Lightning Aura Components, Lightning Web Components is a plus.
- Experience using Salesforce data tools (Data Loader, Visual Studio Code, Excel Connector, Demand Tools, Eclipse Force.com IDE)
- Understand the relational database in general and the Salesforce data model. Masterful in using SOQL and SOSL. Experience in using the developer console, workbench, Heroku, Postman, and other development tools
- Demonstrate knowledge of CI/CD process with working experience of building CI/CD build and release pipelines
- Working knowledge of Agile methodology
- Working experience in using test case management and reporting tools such as ADO or testing suite applications
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
What will we look for on your resume?
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in Salesforce Services or Sales or Community development
- 5+ years of Development experience in SFDC
- Experience with databases and basic SQL skills required
- Experience multiple software development methodologies/lifecycles required
- Good programming knowledge of at least 1 of the following: Java, C#, Python
- Java development skills desirable
- Salesforce Certifications
At F5 we live and breathe our core values; Excellence, Integrity, Collaboration, Customer Loyalty, Profitable Growth, Innovation, Employee Success, and Diversity. We help each other achieve our goals, value the diversity of ideas different backgrounds can bring, emphasize teamwork over rock-stars, work hard and most of all have fun!
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email address (ending with @f5.com) or auto email notification from Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com or @myworkday.com).
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Back to top