Software Developer in Test III
- Guadalajara, Mexico
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Why do you want to join our team?
F5 leads the market in building products to make every app run faster, smarter, and safer anywhere. To support our growing business, we need to expand our corporate IT organization by creating a new delivery center in Guadalajara.
Life at F5 is never dull. We are constantly identifying industry trends and disruptions, then innovating to get ahead of future customer needs-creating application services that help the world's leading organizations deliver their critical business apps faster and with the highest levels of flexibility, security, performance, and support.
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to build and support the most exciting missions in the world! You get the adventure and independence of working at a start-up without any of the financial risks because you are supported by a growing Fortune 1000 technology company.
When you start this role, you will have the once in a lifetime opportunity to help develop our IT Quality Assurance practices. You get the adventure and independence of working at a start-up without any of the financial risk because you are supported by a growing Fortune 1000 technology company.
What will you do?
The SDET directly supports our Salesforce developers and contributes to the QA Center of Excellence, QA infrastructure, test strategy, and test plans for IT's applications, services, and delivery infrastructure focused on the Sales & Marketing technology. This team-oriented position will develop and execute test automation, repeatable test procedures, implement and support IT QA practices across IT's teams. As an expert in Test Automation Engineering, you will reduce time to market by contributing to the Automation Center of Excellence and other project teams.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Understand the business requirements from a Salesforce perspective and prepare the test scenarios and test cases
- Use agile test practices and salesforce capabilities to give testing direction to the team.
- Quickly learn and understand the functional flows and come up with the best way to test quickly and efficiently
- Work with other SDETs
- Create/Modify the Automation frameworks as per project/product needs.
- As per the industry changes, be up to date on cutting edge technologies/tools, create Proof of Concepts, and implement them across the teams.
- Contribute user stories automation of various scrum teams using the best suitable automation tools.
- Guide functional team members to understand the automation concepts and should act as catalysts to enable them in the development of automation scripts.
- Maintain the developed scripts to keep them up-to-date.
- Contribute to CI/CT/CD process using DevOps Tools
- Involve in Grooming/Planning/Scrum meetings and be part of required scrum events.
- Provide testing support to projects and product releases both with automated tests, and manual testing as required
- Responsible for upholding F5's Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies.
- Provide excellent customer service to IT internal and business partner customers
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
What do you need to be successful in this role?
- Demonstrate understanding of concepts of automation and performance testing required
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of Salesforce flows.
- Demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate strong time management and organizational skills
- Ability to provide exceptional support to both internal and external customers
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Demonstrate excellent analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrate knowledge of continuous integration; build and deploy automation tools desirable
- Working knowledge of Agile methodology
- Working knowledge on Selenium.
- Knowledge/Working experience in AI-Powered Automation/Performance engineering is an added advantage
What will we look for on your resume?
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in all phases of testing with heavy exposure to automation
- 5+ years of experience in SFDC (either as a tester or a developer)
- Salesforce Administrator Certification
- Experience with databases and basic SQL skills required
- Experience multiple software development methodologies/lifecycles required
- Good programming knowledge of at least 1 of the following: Java, C#, Python
- Java development skills desirable
At F5 we live and breathe our core values; Excellence, Integrity, Collaboration, Customer Loyalty, Profitable Growth, Innovation, Employee Success, and Diversity. We help each other achieve our goals, value the diversity of ideas different backgrounds can bring, emphasize teamwork over rock-stars, work hard and most of all have fun!
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email address (ending with @f5.com) or auto email notification from Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com or @myworkday.com).
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Back to top