Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Works closely with architectural and development teams to ensure hardware, software and product architectures are developed in line with the vision and future direction of the product lines and company. Manages assigned projects and work flow of teams, serves as mentor to all engineering levels. Partners with management on driving product timelines Participates on cross-functional design projects, serving as consultant to top management in long-range company planning concerning new or projected areas of technological research/advancement. Generates and promotes new theories, concepts, principles and methodologies within a specialty area. Often knowledge is self-taught as formal training in emerging technologies may not exist. Presents in both internal and external settings on product functionality and technical advancements. Projects long term technical direction and influences product roadmap.
- Serves as primary source of technical expertise to one or more project teams.
- Helps detail all aspects of product design and ensures that resulting design specification fits into technical architectural framework.
- Recommends and maintains technical design methodologies, processes, technologies and standards
- Leads, reviews and may direct the architecture of F5's key hardware and software components.
- Prepare/analyze/architect product for future scalability
- Devises and develops new solutions that may involve cross-module dependencies.
- Lead cross functional design teams to develop new product as well as address design issues / maintenance of existing ones
- Regularly informs top management and senior external personnel on company's technical capabilities and future direction
- Bring industry best practices and help navigate changing technologies and upcoming trends to create a strategic company product roadmap.
- Integrates research and emerging business/industry trends into company product platforms.
- F5 technology spokesperson at internal and external forums
- Creates formal networks with key decision makers and serves as external spokesperson for the organization.
- Act as a mentor for other junior members in the team
- Support upper management as needed
- Responsible for upholding F5's Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Internally and externally recognized as a premier technical, industry or product specialist.
- Is well respected by key stakeholders and peers across broader Product Development organization.
- Industry respected speaker, participating in both internal and external events.
- Meeting with key customers and external partners, able to articulate roadmap and product architecture.
- Job focus is on future product enhancement and research new technologies.
- Expert Knowledge and extensive experience with network and web technologies.
- Experience leading complex product development initiatives from concept through release.
- Extensive development experience in embedded operating systems.
- Exceptional problem solving and project management skills.
- Strong leadership skills and an ability to mentor and groom other engineers.
- Demonstrated excellence in written and verbal communications.
- Able to collaborate and thrive in a fast-paced high-performance environment.
- Experienced public speaker.
- Increased interaction with executive level.
- Able to articulate product road map and technical differentiators to a wide audience.
- 15+ years' experience in the development of computer software in areas relevant to F5 product line.
- MA/MS in Computer Science or related field or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Meet Some of F5 Networks's Employees
Sr. Software Engineer
Working within the Quality Assurance Department, Maxim is responsible for creating test automation tools, with the primary goal of ensuring the product fulfills its function without issue.
Back to top