SOC Analyst II (Anti-fraud)
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
The SOC Analyst provides real-time incidents managing once online fraud attacks are initiated against F5 clients. This includes actively contacting relevant parties in order to shut down any malicious activities while keeping all information well documented. A passionate approach is a must to handle multiple attacks in a short time. In addition, the SOC Analyst will perform an initial Malware investigation and report to the SOC Manager and F5 customers of his/her findings. The Analyst will be responsible for research and analysis of different types of malware, monitoring and handling security incidents and preventing online fraud and will have close cooperation with the company sales team to investigate online threats of new potential clients and generating information reports.
Attractions of the Job:
The SOC is part of a dynamic, highly technical operations number of F5's technologies. Our Analysts assist many top companies across the globe in a variety of industries, on infrastructure that is vital to their business operations. You will provide critical security services to major corporate enterprises globally.
- Provides F5 customers with outstanding & rapid reaction to real-time alerts regarding phishing, malware and other security attacks.
- Provides F5 customers and partners with a consistently outstanding support experience.
- Provides technical support to remotely troubleshoot and resolve issues on F5 software products.
- Effectively communicates with hosting and registrar companies worldwide by email and phone.
- Proactively acts to shutdown phishing websites and DropZones.
- Manages vast number of incidents in short time & real time.
- Generates 'after incidents' reports to F5 customers.
- Handles the SOC databases.
- Investigates new worldwide Malware and provides F5 clients with relevant information.
- Creates signatures for new malware attaching F5 clients.
- Works closely with the company marketing team for publishing threat research reports.
- Cooperates with threat research team.
- Provides F5 sales team with relevant information of potential clients online fraud.
- Generates online threats reports through comprehensive research are the WWW and internal tools.
- Responsible for upholding F5's Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies.
- Comply with F5's information security policies and protect information assets from unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference.
- Responsible for promptly reporting security events or potential events or other security risks to F5.
- Will provide guidance, coaching and mentoring to less senior analysts.
- Performs other related duties and projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong troubleshooting/problem-solving ability
- Experience with global routing/networking technologies (GRE, BGP, ASN routing)
- Must be able to relay technical information to customers with different levels of technical competence
- Experience supporting corporate customers in production environments
- Experience working with Customer Support and Service Management portals, including provisioning, reporting, and configuration
- Fundamental Linux skills
- Ability to perform log file analysis
- Demonstrated experience in a technical support role, working with relevant technologies
- Ability to work with moderate supervision
- Analytical thinker with strong attention to detail
- Ability to develop creative, efficient solutions to complex problems
- Expert technical knowledge of and experience troubleshooting TCP/IP networks
- Detailed protocol analysis using tools such as tcpdump, tshark, and Wireshark.
- Experience using tools such as Fiddler, HTTP Watch, Burp Suite, socat, and netcat.
- Packet manipulation and crafting using tools such as hping, scapy, and iptables.
- Traffic generation and replay using tools such as "apachebench and tcpreplay".
- 2-3 years' experience in the security field
- Strong background in customer service
- Ability to excel in a face paced, challenging, operations environment with 24/7 shifts
- Investigation of customer defects and online fraud in real-time
- Information Security/Computer Science and/or graduate degree preferred or equivalent experience
- Must be able to communicate fluently in English (written and oral). Multi-lingual a plus.
- Prior SOC or NOC experience
- Background in security incident response
- Experience in network design and configuration
- Familiarity with a programming or scripting language.
- Experience on common enterprise network and routing technologies
- Experience with F5 hardware, software, and utilities like iRules, iApps, and iControl
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Meet Some of F5 Networks's Employees
Sr. Software Engineer
Working within the Quality Assurance Department, Maxim is responsible for creating test automation tools, with the primary goal of ensuring the product fulfills its function without issue.
Back to top