SOC Analyst (DDoS)
- Warsaw, Poland
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Are valued and empowered, collaborative and team oriented, innovative in their approach and passionate about their work. They are reliable, trustworthy and open with a high level of integrity. They value diversity, are inclusive and are committed to a global mindset.
The SOC Analyst will work collaboratively with other seasoned engineers & analysts in a fast-paced environment. You will be responsible for managing cloud-based security systems on behalf of F5 clients, providing real time mitigation and resolution of security events while keeping all information well documented. The SOC Analyst provides real-time incident management of DDoS or other security attacks targeting F5 clients. An effective analyst will be passionate about security, delivering efficient and outstanding service during critical security events. A passionate approach is a must in order to handle multiple attacks in a short time.
Attractions of the Job:
The F5 Security Operations Centre is the critical core of the F5 Silverline Security Portfolio. The SOC is part of a dynamic and highly technical operations team. Our Analysts assist many top companies across the globe in a variety of industries on infrastructure that is vital to their business operations. You will work side-by-side with some of the best security analysts in the world, using the best security products available, defending against attacks in real-time, analyzing trends in the industry, and developing new protections against a variety of threats and vulnerabilities.
- Provide F5 customers with outstanding & rapid reaction to real-time alerts
- Take proactive and reactive steps to mitigate Layer 4-7 security attacks or threats against F5 clients
- Engage directly with F5 clients who are under attack via phone, chat, email and/or ticketing systems.
- Provide real-time guidance to customers on network configuration, security settings and policies, and attack mitigation procedures
- Document actions taken in Security Information and Event Management systems, knowledge base, or ticketing systems as required
- Earn trusted advisor status internally and externally
- Provision new customers or update the provisioning for existing customers
- Interface with and support cross-functional teams
- Collaborate with Product Management on requirements and product release activities
- Identify, define and implement process and procedure improvements
- Ensures documented processes and procedures are kept up to date
- Responsible for upholding F5's Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies.
- Comply with F5's information security policies and protect information assists from unauthorised access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference.
- Responsible for promptly reporting security or potential events or other security risks to F5.
- Performs other related duties and projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge and proven experience in DDoS Mitigation with the ability to gather, interpret and explain log files from a variety of sources.
- Demonstrated experience in a technical support role, experience working with Customer Support and Service Management portals, including provisioning, reporting, and configuration.
- Ability to define, configure, and manage (in real-time and on production networks) security policies protecting against bots, SQL injection, cross-site scripting, RFC compliance, signature protection, web scraping, CSRF, brute force, cookie manipulation, parameter tampering and other Layer 4-7 attacks/vulnerabilities.
- High degree understanding of HTTP, XML and AJAX
- Experience in working in an enterprise environment (understanding how web application environments are built)
- White/black list management
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience supporting corporate customers in production environments
- Must be able to relay technical information to customers with different levels of technical competence
- Proficiency in Windows OS and Microsoft Office
- Zendesk CRM or similar ticketing system experience preferred
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet stretch goals
- Ability to work independently in a results-oriented environment
- Analytical thinker with strong attention to detail
- Strong troubleshooting/problem-solving ability; ability to create efficient solutions to complex problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently, including technical concepts and terminology. Fluency in additional languages is desirable
- Must be able to relay technical information with customers with varying skill levels
- Experience with F5 hardware, software, and utilities like iRules, iApps, and iControl a plus
- Experience in the Security Field.
- Prior SOC or NOC experience.
- Strong background in customer service and incident management.
- Ability to excel in a face paced, challenging, technical operations environment with 24x7 shifts.
- Prior experience in Information Security.
- Computer Science and/or graduate degree preferred, or equivalent experience.
- Must be able to communicate fluently in English (written and oral). Multi-lingual a plus.
- Ability to work shifts.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Duties are performed in a normal office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table. Duties require the ability to utilize a computer, communicate over the telephone and read printed material.
- Working in an environment where work hours are scheduled shifts but your position is a full time position. This role may be required to work outside of core business hours, including holidays.
Work hours are scheduled shifts - employees will be expected to work a shift pattern covering extended business hours.
The successful candidate will be required to have flexibility to travel to the US for 2-4 weeks on boarding and technical training will be required.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Back to top