Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Are valued and empowered, collaborative and team oriented, innovative in their approach and passionate about their work. They are reliable, trustworthy and open with a high level of integrity. They value diversity, are inclusive and are committed to a global mindset
In this role, you will work collaboratively with other exceptionally talented engineers and analysts in a fast-paced environment. As a SOC Analyst you will be responsible for monitoring cloud-based security systems on behalf of F5 clients, providing real time mitigation and resolution of security events. An effective analyst will be an evangelist of and passionate about security best practices.
Using various UNIX-like tools (among others), SOC Analysts will determine and analyze potential attack traffic in our state of the art Security Operations Center. The analyst must be able to deliver efficient and outstanding service during critical security events. The Center operates 24/7/365 including holidays which might require you to work shifts.
Attractions of the Job:
The F5 Security Operations Center is the critical core of the F5 Silverline Security Portfolio. Our expert security analysts defend a wide spectrum of companies across the globe from online fraud, DDoS, Layer 7, and other security attacks and threats. You will work side-by-side with some of the best security analysts in the world, using the best security products available, defending against attacks in real-time, analyzing trends in the industry, and developing new protections against a variety of threats and vulnerabilities.
- Support a Mission Critical production environment, protecting critical infrastructure and F5 clients from the latest information security threats.
- Take proactive and reactive steps to mitigate Layer 4-7 security attacks or threats against F5 clients.
- Engage directly with F5 clients who are under attack via phone, chat, email and/or ticketing systems.
- Document actions taken in security information and event management systems (SIEM), knowledge base, or ticketing systems as required.
- Provision new clients or update the provisioning & configuration of existing clients
- Provide real-time guidance to clients on network configuration, security settings and policies, and attack mitigation procedures
- Collaborate with Product Management on requirements and product release activities
- Identify, define and implement process and procedure improvements
- Interface with and support cross-functional teams.
- Responsible for upholding F5's Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies.
- Comply with F5's information security policies and protect information assets from unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference.
- Performs other related duties and projects as assigned.
- Responsible for promptly reporting security events or potential events to other security risks to F5.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Prior Experience working within a SOC (Security Operations Center) or a NOC (Network Operations Center) desired
- Knowledge and proven experience in managing DDoS issues or WAF.
- Experience working with Customer Support and Service Management portals, including provisioning, reporting and configuration.
- Working knowledge of UNIX/Linux operating systems and commands
- Ability to define, configure, and manage (in real-time and on production networks) security policies protecting against bots, SQL injection, cross-site scripting , RFC compliance, signature protection, web scraping, brute force, cookie manipulation, and other Layer 4-7 attacks/vulnerabilities.
- Strong attention to detail
- Must be able to relay technical information to clients with different levels of technical competence
- Siebel SCM or similar ticketing system experience preferred
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and meet stretch goals with moderate supervision
- Troubleshooting/problem-solving ability
Additional experience a plus:
- Experience working in a customer facing environment
- Experience with F5 hardware, software, and utilities like iRules, iApps, and iControl.
- Experience with Cisco routers/switches/load balancers/firewalls, Juniper routers
- CCNA, CCNP, JNCIS/P, OSCP certification
- Prior experience in Information Security
- Demonstrated experience in the security field
- Prior SOC or NOC experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently, including technical concepts and terminology.
- Fluency in additional languages is desirable.
- Ability to excel in a face paced, challenging, operations environment with 24/7 shifts
- Investigation of client issues, vulnerabilities, and online fraud in real-time
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Duties are performed in a customer facing environment while sitting at a desk or computer table. Duties require the ability to utilize a computer, communicate over the telephone and read printed material.
- Working in an environment where work hours are scheduled shifts but your position is a full time position. This role may be required to work outside of core business hours including early morning, late evening, overnight, weekends, and holidays.
- May be required to travel (5%), including possible international travel; US based technical training and onboarding will be required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Meet Some of F5 Networks's Employees
Sr. Software Engineer
Working within the Quality Assurance Department, Maxim is responsible for creating test automation tools, with the primary goal of ensuring the product fulfills its function without issue.
Back to top