Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Why do you want to join our team?
F5 leads the market in building products to make every app run faster, smarter, and safer anywhere. To support our growing business, we need to expand our corporate IT organization by creating a new delivery center in Guadalajara.
Life at F5 is never dull. We are constantly identifying industry trends and disruptions, then innovating to get ahead of future customer needs-creating application services that help the world's leading organizations deliver their critical business apps faster and with the highest levels of flexibility, security, performance, and support.
F5 is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to join our Information Security team. This is an opportunity to apply your expertise in Azure to deliver secure and scalable solutions across the enterprise. We touch every element of the business: Customer ordering, public web sites, internal fulfillment processes, Product development, core IT, and many more. Did we mention Security? As part of the Information Security team, you will partner with teammates on core security functions of intrusion and analytical work.
We are looking for someone that takes an engineering-based approach to solving problems and providing strong expertise in designing and supporting enterprise-scale software solutions. You will be responsible for the design, implementation, and quality of services of the team. A strong background delivering solutions using Azure is key.
Our mission is central to F5's digital transformation by providing internal F5 teams with a secure, flexible, Information Security and Identity platform upon which to build the next generation of F5 services and products. Key to our digital transformation is a deep well of cloud-first expertise.
As an engineer on the security team, your leadership will be critical in delivering innovation in scale, performance, and security. You will architect new designs, articulate technical proposals and roadmap of delivery timelines. You will also have opportunities to incubate new ideas for additional business outcomes, create positive impact through teamwork and collaboration to deliver high quality of service through service availability.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or Engineering, or 4 years of equivalent work experience.
- At least 5 years of experience as an SRE/SWE/developer, using a variety of tools (for example - managed code, scripting, PowerShell, Python) and security protocols such as SAML, OAuth, OIDC, etc.
- Enterprise experience with large scale distributed systems with focus on scalability, performance, and security.
- Flexibility, thinking on your feet, and strong problem-solving skills
- Strong design and problem-solving skills, with a strong bias for quality and engineering excellence
- Strong communications skills, both verbal and written. Effective collaborator experienced in building technical partnerships across teams.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Duties are performed in a normal office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table.
- Duties require the ability to utilize a computer, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material.
- Duties may require being on call periodically or working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends). Duties may require the ability to travel via automobile or airplane, approximately 5% of the time spent traveling.
- Job may be performed on-site at a customer facility or data center, or in an office environment sitting at a desk or computer table.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email address (ending with @f5.com) or auto email notification from Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com or @myworkday.com).
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.