Service Manager, Security Operations Center
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
The F5 Security Operations Center provides Anti-Fraud, DDoS, WAF, and other IT and Networking Security Services to F5 Networks customers globally. You will provide a solid fundamental understanding of IT Operations, Network Operations, and/or IT Security Operations. As a SOC Service Manager, you will work with large customer deployments to provide an extraordinary experience during the onboarding process. You will also run internal SOC projects to meet budgetary and timeline requirements.
We're excited for you to interact closely with the other SOC team managers, Engineering, Product Development, Sales, and other F5 organizations to ensure all teams are working in alignment towards common objectives. Prior experience managing projects in an IT Network or IT Security Operations Centers is required. Experience in handling IT or Security related incidents, working with customers to provide expected results and meet high expectation is a plus.
What will you do?
- Establish a rapport with customers during the onboarding process to ensure that project milestones are being met
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
- Engage with customers via phone, email, chat & ticketing systems to ensure we are providing and meeting objectives during onboarding.
- Be able to communicate moderately complex IT, networking and security concepts to customers at various levels of experience and responsibility
- Work hand in hand with the SOC Leadership Team to identify and implement operational efficiencies and/or implement service improvements and mitigate operational risks to customers and to F5
- Create and maintain relevant processes, procedures and documentation.
- In addition to working on customer onboarding projects, also lead internal SOC related projects.
- Track and report on progress against key milestones
- Develop and implement processes for tracking key project metrics
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to inspire change through effective leadership, communication, planning, and execution
- Able to excel in a dynamic, always-on organization
- Knowledge of both mature and start-up operations is preferable
- Able to convert broad targets and objectives into a discreet list, set priorities for yourself and others, and meet objectives
- Solid understand of security concepts, including web security, DDoS, online fraud, and Layer 4-7 protection/mitigation strategies.
- Understanding of networking fundamentals
- Able to read, write, and speak English fluently, including moderately complex technical concepts. Additional languages a plus.
- Solid skills in MS Office and with standard professional applications.
How do you qualify?
- Minimum of 5+ years of project management experience in an operations environment
- Proven background in customer service/support and IT, network or IT security incident management
- IT Security or IT Operations experience with corporate customers in production environments
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Equal comfort working independently or collaborating across teams to deliver results.
- Understanding of Network, or IT SOC best practices and a real passion for continuous improvement.
- Exceptional verbal and written skills, to all levels of an organization.
- Excellent ethical and professional standards.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Duties are performed in a corporate environment while sitting at a desk or computer table.
- This role requires occasional availability outside normal business hours to align with the global team or work with global customers.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Back to top