Service Delivery Manager
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Location: This position will work remotely out of the East Coast time zone.
Come work at a place where innovation and partnership come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
The Service Delivery Manager is an integral member of the F5 Support team. We are looking for someone who is passionate about being responsible for the relationship within F5 and between the customer's operational and leadership groups. You are asked to continually develop and strengthen the relationships held to increase long-term partnerships through pro-active and personable interactions. They are a leader within our teams and coordinate resources for an extraordinary customer experience.
Your Day to Day:
- On our team you are accountable for operational results of F5, particularly Customer Satisfaction, renewal and additional sales success.
- You will work in partnership with the customer to develop and drive customer service improvement plans.
- This will include the review and report any service delivery failures or customer issues.
- We want you to ensure high customer satisfaction on all support related interactions by leading the team to the processes and standards outlined in F5's Quality Management System.
- You'll schedule customer maintenance and ensure appropriate quality checks have been completed.
- You will handle customer interaction by coordinating communication internally and externally with various F5 stakeholders, directing issues to resolution.
- You can translate engineering deliverables into executive communication and lead situations when they go off track.
- Lead executive updates, post incident follow-up, internal and external communication deftly instilling confidence and account control.
Leadership & Collaboration:
- You effectively deliver Enhanced Services with Consulting and/or the Account Management deliverables with terrific customer service.
- You will lead deployment and post-deployment relationship of Enhanced Services partnering with customers and potential partners.
- The opportunity to be a point person for the customer and account team on items related to Support. The SDM will organize and chair weekly/monthly/quarterly service delivery meetings.
- A demonstrated ability in managing indirect reports within a dynamic and focused way.
Demonstrate Innovation to Deliver Results:
- Analyze data to develop a Service Delivery Plan for each customer to ensure outcomes are measurable.
- Deliver and lead key metrics and tasks which improve and deliver stability for customers as well as leading best practice efforts within the same environments.
- Ensure appropriate documentation is in place for specific support requirements.
- Analyze data including service delivery failures and produce incident reports when required to make recommendations for improvement.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Bring These Skills with you:
- We're seeking an excellent communicator with impressive interpersonal, communication and negotiations skills at all levels, from front line engineers to executive level along with the talent to influence a client.
- Pay attention to the Customer! We flourish with providing superb customer service.
- Ability to display good judgment and the ability to put the customer first.
- Experience managing advanced enterprise customer situations relating to Support and System availability.
- Experience with case management ticketing systems, workforce management programs a plus.
- Knowledge of common support center metrics and ability to manage teams to key performance indicators.
- Ability to address both immediate operational actions and strategic collaboration opportunities in line with F5 policies and QMS.
- You enjoy working in a highly-collaborative team environment.
- You thrive working within a dynamic, matrix-managed environment across local, regional, and global offices.
- Commercial and business acumen is an asset.
What's required of me?
- You bring 8 years management experience in an enterprise level customer service role.
- You have a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent related work experience.
- If you possess previous experience in a technical support role, that would be awesome.
- A solid understanding of IT industry working practices / methodologies - ITIL foundation certification is desirable
- You come with a foundation level understanding of Project Management - PMP Certification is ideal but not essential.
- Sometimes, we might need you to be on call and have you work outside your normal work hours (evenings and weekends). You'll be asked to travel locally up to 60% via automobile and approximately 10% overnight.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Back to top