Senior Technical Communications Specialist
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Interested in working with smart people on hard problems in an environment that values hard work, integrity and teamwork over individuals and rock stars? Want the excitement and fast pace of an aggressive project, and opportunity to work with state of the art microservice architectures and cloud technologies?
We are building a focused, fast-paced, highly motivated, technology driven team where each individual's contribution directly impacts F5's success in the cloud. Join a team of highly motivated technology team that work at startup pace in an established corporation as an extremely self-motivated, independent, and personable Senior Technical Communications Specialist. This user and customer centric role must be able to learn, adapt flexibly, and excel in a fast-paced, Agile sprint environment while quickly understanding and effectively communicating complex technical concepts to multiple audiences. This is not just a traditional tech writer role but instead is multi-modal in its goal of improving user readiness in the consumption of our products and services by various persona including NetOps, SuperNetOps and DevOps.
Reporting to the Director-Digital Transformation Architecture, the Senior Technical Communications Specialist will work with Sales, Marketing, Product Management and various user and customer experience focused roles to ensure consumers of our cloud based services have the readiness they need to maximize the value of our services.
- Define the user readiness strategy and content/information architecture for all artifacts that enable that strategy. Work with the Product Management team and Product Owners to identify target personae and establish readiness metrics that improve the relevancy, consumability, usability and ultimately adoption of our products and services
- Produce and maintain highly relevant and consumable readiness content for internal and external audiences in concert with and as part of related Scrum teams' deliverables that enable user consumption of targeted epics and user stories
- Architect SDK and API content and develop tools and checks to ensure the content is ready for the customer from the start.Help design a quality process to ensure it remains usable and correct.
- Gain expertise and documentation ownership of scenario-focused and persona-targeted Application Delivery Controller product/service capabilities. Research complex, unfamiliar technical concepts under various user and customer contexts - using multiple sources in order to develop, write, and deliver high-quality end-user persona targeted product documentation, web community and intelligent/automated user assistance resources that meet the shifting demands and deadlines of a rapid software release schedule
- Collaborate with members of cross-functional (eg. product management, marketing) and agile Scrum teams to gather product information and develop documentation resources such as release notes, help files, sample code, readiness videos, training, knowledge bases, quick-start guides, installation guides, Wikis, and implementation guides
- Work with cross-organizational teams to develop standards for the broader organization, incorporate our branding and create a seamless consumption experience for the company's next generation products
- Work with senior team members to determine the appropriate scope and schedule for readiness content development while adapting flexibly to unexpected changes and effectively prioritizing multiple tasks
- Bachelor's degree, minor, or relevant coursework in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Design, or User Experience a plus
- 4+ years of professional writing experience
- 4+ years of experience with any of video production | web-based community management | content management systems with current content in production in the cloud targeting multiple persona
- Solid understanding of HTML, XML, and CSS and various content development and authoring tools, including the ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues
- Excellent writing and interpersonal communication skills required, including the ability to effectively communicate complex technical concepts to multiple audiences, the ability to adapt flexibly to unexpected project scope and/or deadline changes
- Ability to independently research, gather, and synthesize information in an ambiguous or unstructured environment
- Superior time management, organization, research, analytical, and critical thinking, and investigative skills
- Experience working in an agile environment preferred
- Is highly self-motivated, independent, confident, personable, assertive, resourceful, and creative
- Solid understanding of computer software development, programming, and/or applications.
- Understanding how DevOps or Super NetOps users' workflows consume readiness content. working in a DevOps role/team a plus
- Experience measuring readiness content effectiveness a plus
- Familiarity with bug tracking, source control, and content management systems
- Knowledge of CI/CD and developer tools (eg Swagger CodeGen) in order to improve API documentation/consumption experience a plus
- Understanding of networking and network management concepts, DevOps, NetOps and SuperNetOps personae and customer journey mapping a plus
At F5 we live and breathe our core values; Excellence, Integrity, Collaboration, Customer Loyalty, Profitable Growth, Innovation, Employee Success, and Diversity. We help each other achieve our goals, value the diversity of ideas different backgrounds can bring, emphasize teamwork over rock-stars, work hard and most of all have fun!
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Meet Some of F5 Networks's Employees
Sr. Software Engineer
Working within the Quality Assurance Department, Maxim is responsible for creating test automation tools, with the primary goal of ensuring the product fulfills its function without issue.
Back to top