Senior Software Engineer - UX
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
We are looking for a Sr. Software Engineer who will be help with design, development and implementation of the front-end and back-end development. You will run assigned projects and work flow of engineers, serve as a mentor to junior staff members. You will participate on cross-functional design projects, serving as organizational spokesperson on advanced projects/programs. Often knowledge is self-taught as formal training in emerging technologies may not exist. You will build formal technology proposals and gets appropriate consensus to productize it.
- Write and enhance code and make best practice recommendations on how to improve the app, with specific focus on the UI/UX.
- Work on to define and build our next-generation APIs, Command Line Interfaces (CLIs), and Software Development Kits (SDK).
- Apply architecture and design principals consistently and holistically to enable target end-to-end usage scenarios.
- Strong focus on DevOps use-cases and work-flows.
- Work with SCRUM teams and Product Management to refine requirements, understand how we will meet the broader properties of the system and help design efficient, flexible, highly scalable and extensible services.
- Drive critical component design decisions across working teams.
- Work to drive decisions through a crisp decision-making process and framework.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of microservices architecture & large scale API design and development.
- Good working experience with front-end development in the React framework.
- Experience with Docker containers and orchestration platforms such as ECS, Kubernetes, Mesos and/or Swarm.
- Experience developing solutions using automation tools such as Ansible, Chief, Puppet, System Center.
- Experience designing complex product technologies and initiatives from concept through release.
- Able to collaborate and thrive in a dynamic inspiring environment.
- Demonstrated excellence in written and verbal communications.
- Act as a mentor for junior members of the team.
- Recommends and maintains technical design methodologies, processes and standards.
- Participates on cross functional design teams to develop expertise in other modules/systems.
- Engages with Product Management to drive detailed product requirements.
- Typically requires a minimum of 8 years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree; or 6 years and a Master's degree; or a PhD with 3 years experience; or equivalent experience.
- Coding experience in Go is a plus
- Knowledge / experience on modern web development.
- Knowledge / experience with one of the frameworks React/Angular
- Exposure to Node, Express, MySQL, Django, and Redis.
- Software development experience in XML, Web services, UNIX tools.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Meet Some of F5 Networks's Employees
Systems Engineering Manager
Rubyanne manages a team of systems engineers—the technical half of a Sales Account Team—empowering them with the tools they need to be successful as they provide pre-sales support throughout northern California.
Back to top