Senior Software Engineer, Test (DDoS/Firewall)
- Warsaw, Poland
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Are you a Software Engineer passionate about working on a robust Security solution for the Internet Service Providers of the world?
We are seeking great engineers with your dedication to take F5's Network Firewall solution to the next level. This position will give you the opportunity to grow, own and drive content in various facets of our security solution while focusing on customer use cases, performance, modularity and ease of use.
You will contribute and grow to be influential in the evolution of F5's Advanced Firewall Manager (AFM) targeted for the 5G market, F5's Gi-LAN consolidation story and our NFV solution. We have a dynamic and affable environment that will enable you to wear different hats while demonstrating a high level of accountability, and in turn, ownership. We are a team that puts our customers first, are passionate about what we do and bring diverse ideas to the table.
The F5 Advanced Firewall Manager (AFM) is a high performance network security solution that defends network infrastructure and data centers from attacks, regardless of their source. High volume Distributed Denial of Service (DDOS) prevention, Intrusion Prevention System (IPS), IP intelligence Services, CGNAT and N6/SGi Firewall are some of the functions that make up our 5G security solution.
- Own, design and develop validation automation infrastructure to drive Service Provider sales
- Drive high quality and secure feature deliver via creation, execution and maintenance of test suites
- Document software via test strategies, test plans, test results, defect management, etc.
- Analyze and collaborate on new technologies, test methodologies, tools and environments to improve existing products
- Prototype solutions as needed to support customer use cases and trials/proof of concepts
- Build solutions while collaborating with Product Management, architecture teams and field engineers
- Be an active participant in F5's product life cycle development
- Represent F5 while communicating with colleagues, customers and partners
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- A very good grasp of automation test methodologies and frameworks
- Experience with Python, Ansible, scripting tools and CI/CD environments
- Demonstrable experience with networking and traffic generation tools
- Practical understanding and experience in network security and firewall technologies (DDOS, IPS, NAT, ACLs, etc.)
- Strong analytical and trouble shooting skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrable experience working on distributed networks
- Experience with network and web technologies (IP, TCP, QUIC, HTTP, SSL, etc.)
- Experience with customer driven solutions from concept to release
- An understanding of the requirements of a carrier grade system
- Experience with Kubernetes, Dockers, NFV, SDN controllers, OpenDaylight and OpenStack is a plus
- Knowledge of the Mobile Network Architecture and associated 3GPP standards, subscriber and policy management is desired
- Ability to drive an effective balance between business and engineering needs
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years of automated test development in related fields
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email address (ending with @f5.com) or auto email notification from Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com or @myworkday.com).
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Back to top