Senior Software Engineer
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
JOB TITLE: Senior Software Engineer
Want to analyze and resolve issues that others are afraid to look into?
Want to be responsible for the core piece of configuration infrastructure for the BigIP?
Want to make the system better and ready for the next challenges?
Works closely with architectural and development teams to ensure software, and product architectures are developed in line with the vision and future direction of the product lines and company.
Manages assigned projects and work flow of engineers, serves as mentor to lower level engineers.
Participates on cross-functional design projects, serving as consultant to management in long-range company planning concerning new or projected areas of technological research/advancement
- Independently determines and develops approaches to solutions for assigned projects by identifying, resolving and mitigating risk and communicating to stakeholders
- Research, investigate and define new areas of technology to enhance existing products or new product directions.
- Evaluate performance of product; tune, re-evaluate the design and implementation of current source code.
- Document software designs via functional specifications and other design documents.
- Serve as technical lead to detail all aspects of product design and ensure that resulting design specification fits into technical architectural framework
- Provide technical expertise to a project team and mentor junior staff members
- Sets the direction and manages the work flow of other engineers within the scope of assigned projects.
- Recommend and maintain technical design methodologies, processes and standards
- Assisting and driving customer solutions
- Participates in hiring and onboarding process
- Conducts presentations internally and externally
- Solid experience in the development of computer software, preferably in the UNIX environment.
- Fluent in C++, with experience in STL, Boost, or similar libraries.
- BS/BA in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with network application programming/development
- Hands on experience with scalable distributed systems and databases
- Experience with Messaging Protocols is highly desirable
- Strong analytic / trouble-shooting skills
- Able to collaborate and thrive in a fast-paced high-performance environment
- Demonstrated excellence in written and verbal communications
- Extensive knowledge of product life cycle
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
Duties are performed in an office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table.
Duties require the ability to utilize a computer keyboard, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material
Are valued and empowered, collaborative and team oriented, innovative in their approach and passionate about their work. They are reliable, trustworthy and open with a high level of integrity. They value diversity, are inclusive and are committed to a global mindset. Disability insurance, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
F5 Networks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Meet Some of F5 Networks's Employees
Sr. Software Engineer
Working within the Quality Assurance Department, Maxim is responsible for creating test automation tools, with the primary goal of ensuring the product fulfills its function without issue.
Back to top