Senior Software Engineer C/C++ (Websafe)
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
- Independently determines and develops approaches to solutions for assigned projects.
- Provides technical solutions to detail certain aspects of product design and ensures that resulting design specification fits into technical architectural framework.
- Performs analysis to define design requirements for modification to existing tools, utilities, system structures, environments and provide technical input into project scope and estimating activities.
- Recommends and maintains technical design methodologies, processes and standards, including authoring of software functional specifications and design documents, in English.
- May provide technical guidance to lower level engineers, including code reviews.
- Responsible for upholding F5's Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong C programming skills - required
- C++ experience - advantage
- Experience in Linux/Unix (networking in particular) - required
- Motivation and self-learning (often without documentation), ability to work independently
- Good troubleshooting skills (sometimes on customer environment)
- Writing high-quality code (optimal and maintainable)
- 5+ years in C/C++, of which 3 years in Real-time (embedded) systems
- At least 2 years work with HTTP + Layer 4-7 networking protocols
- Advantage - background in Web Security - anti-fraud, application firewall, Denial of Service, etc.
- BSc in Computer Science, MSc - advantage
F5 Networks, is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Meet Some of F5 Networks's Employees
Systems Engineering Manager
Rubyanne manages a team of systems engineers—the technical half of a Sales Account Team—empowering them with the tools they need to be successful as they provide pre-sales support throughout northern California.
Back to top