Senior Software Engineer (C/C++ & L4-L7, TCP)
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
F5 Networks sits between the internet and some of the largest companies on Earth. We keep their applications running fast, safe, and efficiently. F5's hardware and software products are highly configurable and blazingly fast. When one of our customers has a problem, F5's Rapid Development Team (RDT) is called in to solve it. RDT is an elite group of developers whose mission is to quickly diagnose and resolve the most difficult problems that our customers can face. Successful RDT devs thrive on solving difficult unique problems, can multi-task efficiently, communicate calmly, and enjoy playing the hero.
- Evaluates and solves very difficult software failures
- Liaises with cross-functional teams to ensure that cross-functional issues are addressed
- Provides technical guidance to lower level engineers
- Consistently meet commitments
- Participates in hiring and onboarding process
- Recommends and maintains technical design methodologies, processes and standards
- Responsible for upholding F5's Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong knowledge and extensive experience with networking
- Experience with L4-L7, SSL, HTTP, DNS, SIP, Diameter, TCP or similar
- 5+ years programming experience in software languages
- Extensive development experience in object oriented programming.
- Strong analytic / trouble-shooting skills.
- Able to collaborate and thrive in a fast-paced high-performance environment.
- Demonstrated excellence in written and verbal communications.
- Demonstrated leadership role within project team.
- Extensive knowledge of product life cycle.
- Must be a Subject Matter Expert in at least one networking area.
- Duties are performed in a normal office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table.
- Duties require the ability to utilize a computer, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material.
- Typically requires a minimum of 8 years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree; or 6 years and a Master's degree; or a PhD with 3 years experience; or equivalent experience.
F5 Networks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Meet Some of F5 Networks's Employees
Systems Engineering Manager
Rubyanne manages a team of systems engineers—the technical half of a Sales Account Team—empowering them with the tools they need to be successful as they provide pre-sales support throughout northern California.
Back to top