Senior Software Engineer - Beijing
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Are you passionate about working with smart people on challenging problems in an environment that values hard work, integrity and teamwork? Want the opportunity to work with state of the art cloud technologies, containers and orchestration systems, and microservices?
Software Developer responsible for the delivery of loosely coupled software components and microservices integrated in public and private cloud architecture. This position is responsible for working on a variety of technical problems of varying scope & complexity, being able to design, implement, and test new functionality under general supervision, collaborate with peers under the direction of technical leads on assigned project teams. A majority of the work on these projects is open source (on GitHub) and allows for direct interaction with users.
- Work closely with technical leads to design, code, and test robust, scalable, loosely-coupled components that integrate into public and private cloud infrastructure
- Consistently apply good software design, implementation, and test principles
- Stay focused on on-time delivery of features and bug-fixes with high quality
- Work in an agile environment optimized to enable development teams to iterate quickly.
This job description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced knowledge of cloud technologies (both public and private, such as AWS, Alibaba, or OpenStack)
- Advanced knowledge of container and orchestration systems such as Docker, Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry, Mesos, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of network and web technologies
- Advanced experience developing and running automated testing and infrastructure first so that you spend time on hard problems, not rote repetition.
- Good analytic and trouble-shooting skills
- Ability to collaborate and thrive in a dynamic high performing environment
- Regularly demonstrate teamwork by promoting good ideas and concepts, help other team members grow their skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's degree; an advanced degree without experience; or equivalent work experience.
- Small team leadership experience desired.
F5 Networks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Meet Some of F5 Networks's Employees
Systems Engineering Manager
Rubyanne manages a team of systems engineers—the technical half of a Sales Account Team—empowering them with the tools they need to be successful as they provide pre-sales support throughout northern California.
Back to top