Senior Software Engineer
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Are valued and empowered, collaborative and team oriented, innovative in their approach and passionate about their work. They are reliable, trustworthy and open with a high level of integrity. They value diversity, are inclusive and are committed to a global mindset.
This position is responsible for the design, development and implementation of complete software components. Designs, develops and maintains high-quality code for complex product components. Manages assigned projects individually, and may serve as technical expert for issues associated with specific projects. May assist upper level engineers detail certain aspects of product design. Responsible for upholding F5's Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies.
Attractions of the Job:
- Great challenge for those who like low-level development in C.
- Learning invaluable experience from other real-time developers.
- Gaining experience in security software applications
- Independently determines and develops approaches to solutions for assigned projects.
- Provides technical solutions to detail certain aspects of product design and ensures that resulting design specification fits into technical architectural framework.
- Performs analysis to define design requirements for modification to existing tools, utilities, system structures, environments and provide technical input into project scope and estimating activities
- Recommends and maintains technical design methodologies, processes and standards
- May provide technical guidance to lower level engineers
- May assist Principal Engineers with project scope and estimating
- Responsible for upholding F5's Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong C/C++ programming skills required
- Experience in Linux/Unix (IPC mechanisms) – Must
- Motivation and self-learning (often without documentation)
- Good troubleshooting (sometimes on customer environment)
- Multi-tasking and quick context switch between them
- Independency and even mentoring other team members
- Writing high-quality code (optimal and maintainable)
- 5-10 years in C/C++
- At least 1 year work with HTTP
- Advantage – background in Web security
- BSc in Computer Science, MSc – advantage
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Duties are performed in a normal office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table. Duties require the ability to utilize a computer, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material.
- Duties may require working outside normal working hours or from home with laptop (evenings and weekends).
We provide competitive salaries, a world class benefits package, including 100% of the premium for employee medical, dental and vision insurance, highly subsidized premiums for dependent coverage, 401K match, employees stock purchase plan, 18 days paid time off within the 1st year and 9 paid holidays, life insurance, short & long term disability insurance, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Meet Some of F5 Networks's Employees
Sr. Software Engineer
Working within the Quality Assurance Department, Maxim is responsible for creating test automation tools, with the primary goal of ensuring the product fulfills its function without issue.
Back to top