Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
F5's solution, BIG-IP SPK, brings critical carrier-grade capabilities to a Kubernetes environment. We provide application & network security, traffic management, visibility at container ingress (North/South) into the Kubernetes clusters typically deployed in service provider's core 5G mobile networks. You will be working on building new security functionality on F5's SPK platform. You will work with a team that is smart, passionate and customer experience oriented. The ideal candidate is an energetic, hands-on and creative problem solver.
- Determines and develops approaches to solutions for projects by architecting, designing, implementing, unit testing micro services components
- Work with architects, principals to refine product & assist driving customer solutions
- Stay up to date with current technologies, understand trends and opportunities to select appropriate solution & techniques
- Recommends and maintains technical design methodologies, processes and standards
- Provides technical guidance to junior level engineers
- Participates in hiring and onboarding process
- Assist management & others with project solutions, scoping & risk mitigation
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Deep understanding of data structure & algorithm, run-time complexities
- Excellent coding skills in C/C++ or GoLang
- Must have strong background in L2-L4 networking technologies
- Experience in Linux platforms for distributed, multi-threaded applications
- Experience in containers/Kubernetes networking like CNI(Container Network Interface) etc.
- Outstanding problem solving, analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Prior experience with security technologies, firewall, DoS, IPS/IDS etc. is a plus
- Experience writing automated tests in Python/Go
- Experience with github/gitlab or other source code management
- Experience with microservices, Kubernetes, containers, NFV, SDN controllers, OpenDaylight and OpenStack is desired
- Able to collaborate and excel in a fast-paced high-performance environment
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrable leadership skills with the ability to be an effective mentor
- Experience leading customer driven solutions from concept to release
- Typically requires a minimum of 8 years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree; or 6 years and a Master's degree; or a PhD with 3 years of experience; or equivalent experience.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email address (ending with @f5.com) or auto email notification from Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com or @myworkday.com).
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.