Senior Product Manager - Beijing
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Are valued and empowered, collaborative and team oriented, innovative in their approach and passionate about their work. They are reliable, trustworthy and open with a high level of integrity. They value diversity, are inclusive and are committed to a global mindset
Located in Beijing, you will drive and grow the business for F5 Networks' market-leading software suite of products for application delivery systems across physical, virtual and as-a-service offerings. You will influence product roadmap, and lead product requirements, positioning, pricing and marketing. You will do this by creating business models, customer use cases, Concept Commit presentations, PRDs and go-to-market plans in collaboration with your peers in product management, product development, marketing, field / sales, support and other cross-organizational functions.
You will know the market, the customer / partner, and the competition, and use this expertise to champion application delivery products inside and outside of F5. You will be expected to identify business / technology partners and work with the local business development team in leveraging these partners for nimble, complete and high-value solutions to grow F5 business in China.
- Understand customer requirements in a rapidly changing application delivery world, including hybrid data centers, XaaS deployments, and new consumption models
- Lead product definition and market victory plan for F5 application delivery solutions, including encryption and security
- Establish effective, repeatable processes for gathering, synthesizing, analyzing and prioritizing input from customer / partners
- Influence product development teams to find solutions to these priorities
- Establish measurable goals and periodically report key metrics to senior management
- Serve as a credible, engaging spokesperson to influence all key constituents in Greater China, including field / sales, customers and partners.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering. Master's degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in application delivery / L4-7 networking
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a Product Manager, and/or in a role analyzing products, customers, competitors and markets
- Minimum 3 years of experience with Cloud / OpenStack / OpenShift, etc.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in SDN (Huawei, Cisco, VMware, etc.)
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills in English and Mandarin with the ability to articulate complex technology simply to field, partners and customers
- Strong customer orientation with the ability to listen, learn, organize and champion key initiatives and projects to VP of Product Management
- Proven ability to drive successful partnerships across an ecosystem of providers
- Excellent negotiation and persuasion skills
- Flexible, self-motivated team player
- Experience with DevOps, including REST APIs / Ansible / Python / Node.js, etc.
- Experience with GitHub and community-based development and support.
F5 Networks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Back to top