Senior Product Management Engineer - Service Provider
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
The Sr Product Management (Sr PME) is a technical lead resource within the Product Management organization responsible product analysis and technical documentation. They are also responsible for the analysis of competitor's products, sales, and strategy. Sr PMEs are expected to have excellent product knowledge (both F5 and competitive), technical sales ability, and an expert level of networking engineering knowledge (including design and troubleshooting). The Sr PME will identify and lead various technical projects in response to business and customer needs.
• Be a lead contributor in the overall product strategy as well as in the creation of sales materials focusing on competitive advantages
• Provide product and market analysis to Product Management and Product Development
• Effectively communicate product strategy to senior leadership and customers
• Work independently on technical issues with minimal need for supervision or assistance
• Act as a leader in various technical projects
• Identify and address business or technical gaps in F5 products during their life cycle
• Full ownership of assigned projects throughout the project lifecycle
• Partner closely with other team members and departments
• Perform analyses and testing of competitor products in order to enhance F5 product management requirements
• Be a subject matter expert on competitors and their products
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills required - both oral and written, with the ability to articulate and educate others about complex technology simply
• Ability to create simple Power Point presentations based on complex technical data
• Strong knowledge of networking products such as routers, firewalls, Windows and/or Linux/UNIX server
• Ability to lead a project or team on a set assignment
• Expert knowledge of TCP/IP networking and related protocols
• Expert knowledge in Network Engineering
• Ability to rapidly understand new technologies
• Excellent written and verbal communications
• BA/BS Computer Science Degree or equivalent work experience recommended.
• 6+ years relevant work experience required: Preferably in engineering, IT, technical sales or consulting related to network products.
• Extensive industry background including past experience with one or more of the following: load balancing, application layer firewalls, SSL VPNs, web acceleration, and WAN
• Technical sales experience preferred
• Competitive Intelligence experience preferred
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Meet Some of F5 Networks's Employees
Systems Engineering Manager
Rubyanne manages a team of systems engineers—the technical half of a Sales Account Team—empowering them with the tools they need to be successful as they provide pre-sales support throughout northern California.
Back to top